Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Harvey Norman - Price Matching

• 27-11-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

I was in Currys on Saturday to price a Hitachi 42PD9700 Plasma. They had it for €2,499 which was a pretty good price.

I decided that I would check Harvey Norman in Swords as they're closer to home and would be less hassle in terms of transporting it home.

Harvey Norman had it for €2,999 recently reduced from €3,499. I told them that Currys had it for €2,499 and invited them to check. The sales guy went away and checked the computer.

When he came back he told me to buy it in Currys. I asked him what the big banner on the front of the shop was about "Harvey Norman won't be beaten on price, value or service". He said, "sorry, I can't match that price. My advice is to go back to Currys" - which I duly did.

Why do Harvey Norman advertise that they will essentially price match when it's obviously bullsh1t?

If you want a bargain, go to Currys, but don't expect the sales reps to know much about the products.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I pointed out how some of the Harvey Norman staff don't give a crap at times.
    I assume they can only afford to lose up to €100.

I suppose he is offering you good service by pointing you towards the cheaper place. :)

Advertisement