Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in offaly

Options
  • 27-11-2006 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Living 2km from Birr near crinkle i cannot get broadban as Im on a very small exchange, Crinkle. I think it is unlikely to be upgraded.

FWI in Ballina may be able to help me, but its 200 installation and 35 a month, which is okay, except Digiweb say they should have a metro service available in February, which starts at 20 per month.

Any experiences of

(1) Fast Wireless Internet (FWI)

or

(2) Digiwebs likelihood of delivering on promises (ie Birr by Feb 2007)

Should I just go with FWI?

Thnx

h

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Hi Hawthorn

Im with FWI and to be honest they are over subscribed.That said they are the only choice i have at the moment (im out near cloughjordan).

I think they were suprised at how much intrest there would be and have maxed out there bandwidth already.They have told me they are working on the problem.

If you just want to surf the net you should be ok.If you like online games and net tv i would wait a little longer.If things improve like they have promised ill post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Yes they told me they were surprised at the response in Cloughjordan. But they said they have 4 masts. I may not even get it as they will be trying to connect me from Banagher or Lorrha, could be a bit far. They were to put a mast on Knockshegowna but it fell through. That would have reached me no problem.

I sort of told them Id go ahead with it......!!

h

Advertisement