Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Fourms' Forum

Options
  • 27-11-2006 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Has it been deleted?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

No, it's still there (^^^) or under Sys.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You got banned from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

ecksor wrote:
    You got banned from it.
    For what exactly? How utterly farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I do believe it was for being an unmercyful arse but I am open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Asok wrote:
    I do believe it was for being an unmercyful arse but I am open to correction on that.

No your correct.

• Advertisement

Basically I warned that any politicisation of a Celtic FC forum request was going to earn a ban and I banned 4 users on the basis of not complying as I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Being banned from the 'Forums' forum!

And I thought a banning from TCN was bad.

Btw, just log out to view it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A Celtic FC forum would be a bad idea IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Post it in the right fecking thread then.;)
    How utterly farcical.
    Hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i was banned from 'forums' also, i feel hard done by here.
    i posted in the celtic forum request saying what sort of forums would probably be seen in the forum, i didnt know that what i said was politicising (i dont even know what politicising is). what i said wasnt my opinion, it was just what i think would be seen in the forum.
    please unban me from 'forums' as i posted a request for a ten pin bowling forum and like to see its progress.
    i apologise for my totally unintentional politicising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You can still see how your other request is getting on, just log out and view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

admiralgar wrote:
    what i said wasnt my opinion, it was just what i think would be seen in the forum.

You mean like an opinion you had on what would be seen?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Post it in the right fecking thread then.;)
    How utterly farcical.

Hah!

One is not amused :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

admiralgar wrote:
    ...as i posted a request for a ten pin bowling forum and like to see its progress.

Your request is doing fine, btw I sent you two PM's about the tenpin bowling forum request which you completely ignored, I suggested a couple of ways you could help support your own request but you don't seem to want the forum enough to take the suggestions on board. Ruu even made a suggestion in the forum request thread but you ignored that too :confused::)

As for your ban, ecksor made it quite clear that any Celtic-political type talk would earn a ban yet you insisted on having your say! No other option but to ban you really.

ecksor wrote:
    Basically I warned that any politicisation of a Celtic FC forum request was going to earn a ban and I banned 4 users on the basis of not complying as I saw it.
    Can you please point out where I mentioned anything polotics rela after your warning. It has me puzzled.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I think your last post was the decision maker.
    If you are Irish why do you feel the need to 'support' Tottenham? How many real tottenham fans support Irish football?

This little bit of soapboxing didn't really seem at all relevant to making a decision about whether or not we should have a Celtic FC forum anyway -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52406796&postcount=30

Sparky-s wrote:
    I think your last post was the decision maker.
    What is wrong that post exactly. And by real tottenham fans I mean people who are from the area of London where that club are from not the Oirish brigade.

ecksor wrote:
    This little bit of soapboxing didn't really seem at all relevant to making a decision about whether or not we should have a Celtic FC forum anyway -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52406796&postcount=30
    I replied with my opinion as to why there shouldn't be a Sellthick forum, wheres the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What is wrong that post exactly. And by real tottenham fans I mean people who are from the area of London where that club are from not the Oirish brigade.

You seem to be having trouble understanding that a lot of Oirish people like watching the English Premiership. They also like talking about it.

• Advertisement

I replied with my opinion as to why there shouldn't be a Sellthick forum, wheres the problem?

The problem is that you're being an annoying preachy troll. FYI, there are boards.ie users that hail from Glasgow, if they wanted a Celtic forum (or Rangers) then your arguments would basically be null and void. Some of our users live in London even! Imagine that! There's a world outside of Ath-****ing-lone!

However, your arguments are null and void anyway. Exactly what makes you think that boards.ie is subscribing to your view that we should dictate to people who they can and cannot support? As you can see, we've catered for one non-Irish team so we clearly don't agree with you.

In summary, you were off-topic, trolling and / or soapboxing and it got caught in me cleaning up a thread that was going very quickly to pot despite my warning. Come back to me when I've forgotten all about it and I'll probably unban you then.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one, and it's usually full of crap.

ecksor wrote:
    The problem is that you're being an annoying preachy troll. FYI, there are boards.ie users that hail from Glasgow, if they wanted a Celtic forum (or Rangers) then your arguments would basically be null and void. Some of our users live in London even! Imagine that! There's a world outside of Ath-****ing-lone!

However, your arguments are null and void anyway. Exactly what makes you think that boards.ie is subscribing to your view that we should dictate to people who they can and cannot support? As you can see, we've catered for one non-Irish team so we clearly don't agree with you.

In summary, you were off-topic, trolling and / or soapboxing and it got caught in me cleaning up a thread that was going very quickly to pot despite my warning. Come back to me when I've forgotten all about it and I'll probably unban you then.
    I'm sure there is a world outside Athlone, seen as I have never been there. Clearly the request was not from a Glaswegian so such a situationn, as you described, is unrealistic dramatic and complete fallacy. My comments were not off topic. I would sincerely doubt the amount of Glaswegian posters on boards would merit a forum for any one of their football teams, likewise about the volume of Londoners:rolleyes: . Where did I claim that I thought boards were suscribing to my view? Only in Ireland would you get struck down for thinking clearly o such a topic, typical. It appears like the moderating philosiphy is , if I don't agree with you I ban you.

amp wrote:
    You seem to be having trouble understanding that a lot of Oirish people like watching the English Premiership. They also like talking about it.
    I don't have any issues with people watching english football, I myself ejoy watching some Spanish and european football, it is the people who think they 'support' an english club and do not support the LOI that bother me.

I don't have any issues with people watching english football, I myself ejoy watching some Spanish and european football, it is the people who think they 'support' an english club and do not support the LOI that bother me.
    Exactly, you are arguing that there shouldn't be a forum, because they shouldn't be supporting the team in the first place.

Thats the equivalent of saying that you don't agree that there should be a Jazz & Blues forum, because you don't think people should be listening to Jazz & Blues. Its a ridiculous argument.

Blowfish wrote:
    Exactly, you are arguing that there shouldn't be a forum, because they shouldn't be supporting the team in the first place.

Thats the equivalent of saying that you don't agree that there should be
    a Jazz & Blues forum, because you don't think people should be listening to Jazz & Blues. Its a ridiculous argument.
    No it is not.There shouldn't be a Sellthick forum, Irish people should not be supporting a Scottish team, they should be supporting an Irish team. It is not the equivalent of your example, music and football are completely different things, such a comparacent serves no purpose.

No it is not.There shouldn't be a Sellthick forum, Irish people should not be supporting a Scottish team, they should be supporting an Irish team. It is not the equivalent of your example, music and football are completely different things, such a comparacent serves no purpose.
    Its a perfectly valid comparison. It's your opinion that Irish people shouldn't be supporting non-Irish teams. In reality, they can support whomever the hell they want, their opinion is perfectly valid too, and shouldn't be shot down just because you and you alone don't think its right.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Eh, I only see one thick around here, and it's you, bub.

CuLT wrote:
    Eh, I only see one thick around here, and it's you, bub.
    Ha ha, what an idiot you really are.

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote:
    Its a perfectly valid comparison. It's your opinion that Irish people shouldn't be supporting non-Irish teams. In reality, they can support whomever the hell they want, their opinion is perfectly valid too, and shouldn't be shot down just because you and you alone don't think its right.
    Yes it is my opinion and yes there is nothing, legally, against 'supporting' foreign teams but I am far from being the only person who is of my opinion. It is a farcical comparassion btw, but what would you expect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement