Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Fourms' Forum

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ha ha, what an idiot you really are.
    My true colours revealed!
    Yes it is my opinion and yes there is nothing, legally, against 'supporting' foreign teams but I am far from being the only person who is of my opinion.

You are, of course, correct. The world has many other bigots in it, plenty in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

CuLT wrote:
    My true colours revealed!

You are, of course, correct. The world has many other bigots in it, plenty in Ireland.
    You true colours are proven with the second part of your post, stupid remark.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yes it is my opinion and yes there is nothing, legally, against 'supporting' foreign teams but I am far from being the only person who is of my opinion. It is a farcical comparassion btw, but what would you expect.

So tell us Colm,do you only watch Irish TV...?no BBC,Sky,ITV C4 for you.Do you support RTE first...?

You true colours are proven with the second part of your post, stupid remark.
    See here?
    Irish people should not be supporting a Scottish team

This is where you fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Yes it is my opinion and yes there is nothing, legally, against 'supporting' foreign teams but I am far from being the only person who is of my opinion. It is a farcical comparassion btw, but what would you expect.
    Either way, you are basically saying that they shouldn't have the forum, because their opinion disagrees with yours, that, as Cult kindly pointed out to you, is bigotry.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote:
    So tell us Colm,do you only watch Irish TV...?no BBC,Sky,ITV C4 for you.Do you support RTE first...?
    No I do not only watch Irish tv. But is television the same as football? of course it is not. I don't particularly like RTE, they do not show much of the eircom league. TG4, to be fair, appear to be making a good effort to show games, including first division ones. TV3 show a weekly highlights programme but unfortunately it is aired at an awful time.

CuLT wrote:
    See here?

This is where you fail.
    Irish people should not be supporting Scottish football. That is not bigotry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I support Celtic, down with LOI tbh!

I have three Celtic jerseys so the forum should be created.

Blowfish wrote:
    Either way, you are basically saying that they shouldn't have the forum, because their opinion disagrees with yours, that, as Cult kindly pointed out to you, is bigotry.
    It is not bigotry it is logical sense. If i said Irish people should not be discriminates, even though some people are, that is not bigotry.

I support Celtic, down with LOI tbh!

I have three Celtic jerseys so the forum should be created.
    I won't give you the satisfaction, if you are not a wum you should have your mental health checked.

• Advertisement

Irish people should not be supporting Scottish football. That is not bigotry.
    I would actually like to hear your justification for not supporting teams from a specific nation.

CuLT wrote:
    I would actually like to hear your justification for not supporting teams from a specific nation.
    It takes money from football in our country, if people contributed such money into our league by supporting their own, the state of our game would be much improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

What is wrong that post exactly. And by real tottenham fans I mean people who are from the area of London where that club are from not the Oirish brigade.
    That's exactly your problem, buddy. There is nothing wrong with supporting Spurs. To reply to your inference, there is no contradiction in an Irish republican supporting an English football team. What does Tottenham Hotspur FC have to do with the re-unification of six counties? Exactly nothing. Neither does Aston Villa FC, or Borrussia Dortmund, or Paris Saint-Germain or Ashtown Villas. It's football.

In fact I'd also point out that Oirishness is as Irish as Irishness, btw. D4 boys are citizens and members of this community as much as you or I.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It takes money from football in our country, if people contributed such money into our league by supporting their own, the state of our game would be much improved.
    No it doesn't. Say I'm a fan of Malmo FC and go to their games regularly; who says if I didn't support Malmo I'd support Bohs?

As well as this it's their money to spend as they like. And ffs English football, on account of size, is always going to be of better quality than the EL.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I won't give you the satisfaction,
    Of the forum?
    if you are not a wum you should have your mental health checked.
    Web Utilization Miner?
    Wind Up Merchant?
    Windows Update Manager?
    Wireless Usage Manager?
    Work Unit Module?
    Write Unidirectional Memory?

I support Scottish and English teams only, including National, but I prefer England over Scotland. What is wrong with that?

Ibid wrote:
    That's exactly your problem, buddy. There is nothing wrong with supporting Spurs. To reply to your inference, there is no contradiction in an Irish republican supporting an English football team. What does Tottenham Hotspur FC have to do with the re-unification of six counties? Exactly nothing. Neither does Aston Villa FC, or Borrussia Dortmund, or Paris Saint-Germain or Ashtown Villas. It's football.

In fact I'd also point out that Oirishness is as Irish as Irishness, btw. D4 boys are citizens and members of this community as much as you or I.
    I never said 'supporting' tottenham had anything to do with republicanism. There is a clear contradiction in such an Irish person as you describe.

No I do not only watch Irish tv. But is television the same as football? of course it is not.

Why is it not the same,ok they are two different industries but your argument surely spans more then just the football industry.There are big similarities we have home grown TV stations competing with the big bad UK company's,RTE/TG4 etc need your support as much as St Pats or Shel's.

Ibid wrote:
    No it doesn't. Say I'm a fan of Malmo FC and go to their games regularly; who says if I didn't support Malmo I'd support Bohs?

As well as this it's their money to spend as they like. And ffs English football, on account of size, is always going to be of better quality than the EL.
    Football is not about standards ffs!! Spanish football is way better than english football. If you are a true football fan and bohs were your local LOI side you would support them and it would actual mean something to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

But the whole point is that they don't particularly want to support the LOI. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Of the forum?

Web Utilization Miner?
    Wind Up Merchant?
    Windows Update Manager?
    Wireless Usage Manager?
    Work Unit Module?
    Write Unidirectional Memory?

I support Scottish and English teams only, including National, but I prefer England over Scotland. What is wrong with that?
    wind up merchant. You said down with the LOI, what the **** are you doing. You epitimise everything that is wrong with the foreign football only brigade, people like you make me sick. I'm sure you do 'support' them:rolleyes: :mad:

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote:
    But the whole point is that they don't particularly want to support the LOI. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    Yes there is, if you can't see that you know nothing about football.

Football is about standards ffs!! Spanish football is way better than english football. If you are a true football fan and bohs were your local LOI side you would support them and it would actual mean something to you.
    In all honesty, you sound a bit deranged Colm.

If you followed what you are saying through to it's logical conclusion, spending money on anything that isn't supporting Irish football is taking money away from it.

Purchasing food, clothes, etc.

If people weren't spending money on food and clothes they'd have more money to spend on supporting an Irish football team.

Dub13 wrote:
    Why is it not the same,ok they are two different industries but your argument surely spans more then just the football industry.There are big similarities we have home grown TV stations competing with the big bad UK company's,RTE/TG4 etc need your support as much as St Pats or Shel's.
    Not the same at all, football is not a normal industry like television. Football involves taking pride in your area, being represented by your team!

Football is about standards ffs!!

LOL...no its not.If it was there would be nobody playing in parks on a cold wet Sunday morning.

CuLT wrote:
    In all honesty, you sound a bit deranged Colm.

If you followed what you are saying through to it's logical conclusion, spending money on anything that isn't supporting Irish football is taking money away from it.

Purchasing food, clothes, etc.

If people weren't spending money on food and clothes they'd have more money to spend on supporting an Irish football team.
    That is not what I said at all, speding money on foreign clubs and not Irish clubs is clearly taking money away from Irish clubs. I'm sure even someone like you can understand that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

The fact is Ireland is one of the few nations on Earth where the vast majority of people support a team from a different country. And what's more, most of these clowns are the first to claim to be patriotic (32 counties, bla bla bla). It's complete and utter hypocisy of the highest order.

Have any of you so called ManYoo/Liverpool/$ellthick fans ever stopped to wonder just how many Mancunians/Liverpudlians/Glaswegians support Cork City or Shelbourne?

And please, if you're gonna use the 'much better standard of football' excuse, don't bother! A true football fan does not simply choose to support a team based on the ability of its players.

Possibly the most cringe inducing thing I've ever seen is some Cork fella - and yes, I do know that he was from Cork - strolling down Patrick Street with a Sellthick (yes, the BRITISH club) jersey with "Eire 32" on the back. It's the way these morons think that supporting a British club makes them in some way more patriotic! Then again, 32 may also represent the IQ of these imbeciles. :rolleyes:

I'm sick and tired of this country - it's full of the most ignorant, unpatriotic, bandwagon-jumping shower of **** on the planet.

I'm sick of trying to get through to people, sick of being slagged off for supporting an Irish football team, sick of the ignorance, sick of the the coverage the Premiership gets in the Irish media, sick of the sellthick heads, sick of the bigotry still rife in the gaa, SICK OF IRELAND.

Not the same at all, football is not a normal industry like television. Football involves taking pride in your area, being represented by your team!

I hate to brake this to you but football is not like this any more,not since about 1905.

Dub13 wrote:
    LOL...no its not.If it was there would be nobody playing in parks on a cold wet Sunday morning.
    Sorry, that was a typing mistake in my previous post. It was intended to read, it is NOT about standards.

Dub13 wrote:
    I hate to brake this to you but football is not like this any more,not since about 1905.
    Not amongst the oirish brigade it's not.

• Advertisement

adam_ccfc wrote:
    The fact is Ireland is one of the few nations on Earth where the vast majority of people support a team from a different country. And what's more, most of these clowns are the first to claim to be patriotic (32 counties, bla bla bla). It's complete and utter hypocisy of the highest order.

Have any of you so called ManYoo/Liverpool/$ellthick fans ever stopped to wonder just how many Mancunians/Liverpudlians/Glaswegians support Cork City or Shelbourne?

And please, if you're gonna use the 'much better standard of football' excuse, don't bother! A true football fan does not simply choose to support a team based on the ability of its players.

Possibly the most cringe inducing thing I've ever seen is some Cork fella - and yes, I do know that he was from Cork - strolling down Patrick Street with a Sellthick (yes, the BRITISH club) jersey with "Eire 32" on the back. It's the way these morons think that supporting a British club makes them in some way more patriotic! Then again, 32 may also represent the IQ of these imbeciles. :rolleyes:

I'm sick and tired of this country - it's full of the most ignorant, unpatriotic, bandwagon-jumping shower of **** on the planet.

I'm sick of trying to get through to people, sick of being slagged off for supporting an Irish football team, sick of the ignorance, sick of the the coverage the Premiership gets in the Irish media, sick of the sellthick heads, sick of the bigotry still rife in the gaa, SICK OF IRELAND.
    Finally someone else with a bit of sense. Totally agree. Cue the typical squirms and farcical replies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement