Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting - Final Accounts

Options
  • 27-11-2006 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere that I might be able to get good info on doin final accounts of a company in Accounting. If it helps:I have the Kevin O'Riordan Accounting book. I am really up ****s creek with these. Don't have a feckin clue of the notes...:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im lucky I have a god teacher for it. The best way is to practise them to death. Is it a Past Papers Q your stuck with or is it in general? If there is something particular, just ask and I'll get back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Hey,
    I did accounting for the leaving cert last year,and although I didn't do Final Accounts as a question,I noticed one thing.They are very very similar adjustments every year, your teacher should be going through them with you in class,just make sure you take down how to do the adjustments. Then go home and try do different years yourself using them ones as a basis. Unfortunatly the solutions on the examinations website don't explain how to do these adjustments so you do need your teacher to go through them. I had the same book as you and I found it pretty useless for Final Accounts as the adjustments weren't really like those in the exam papers,best advice I can give you is get your hands on mock papers,your teacher might have left over ones from previous years and do all the exam papers,several times infact.

Remember accounting tends to be a very predictable exam and very similar adjustments in all topics,so you can pretty much learn off how to do them if you dont understand it,although its far better if you do understand it.Not being able to do the final accounts isn't the end of the world though,if you still can't understand them after awhile,forget about them and focus on doing the short questions for section A,which personally I found far quicker,and easier to learn(and understand).

And lastly,I couldn't find any good online source for help with accounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

Hey,
    I did accounting for the leaving cert last year,and although I didn't do Final Accounts as a question,I noticed one thing.They are very very similar adjustments every year, your teacher should be going through them with you in class,just make sure you take down how to do the adjustments. Then go home and try do different years yourself using them ones as a basis. Unfortunatly the solutions on the examinations website don't explain how to do these adjustments so you do need your teacher to go through them. I had the same book as you and I found it pretty useless for Final Accounts as the adjustments weren't really like those in the exam papers,best advice I can give you is get your hands on mock papers,your teacher might have left over ones from previous years and do all the exam papers,several times infact.

Remember accounting tends to be a very predictable exam and very similar adjustments in all topics,so you can pretty much learn off how to do them if you dont understand it,although its far better if you do understand it.Not being able to do the final accounts isn't the end of the world though,if you still can't understand them after awhile,forget about them and focus on doing the short questions for section A,which personally I found far quicker,and easier to learn(and understand).

And lastly,I couldn't find any good online source for help with accounting.
    Thanks. Will stick to that advice. Tryin to get through these feckin papers...

Advertisement