Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas dindins

Options
  • 28-11-2006 12:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Sista has abandoned me this year, so I'm charged with entertaining the mammy on christmas day; any suggestions for somewhere nice for dindins?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

You could cook for her, turkey and ham is pretty easy especially if its one of the boneless joints from aldi which are very damn tasty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nah, I consider christmas day Sunday cubed, which means I need to do three times less work than I do on a normal Sunday. (Which is physically impossible, since you can't do less than nothing. Although you can be a good for nothing... hmmmm...)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Tough Q Adam,

I was in a similar situation before. The Auld Triangle in Macroom do a Christmas Day feast that's not too bad! Failing that, I'll send you some Turkey sandwiches. There's only meself and the Mammy as herself is going home to her folks ... and no doubt, the Mother will still buy the 25 stone Turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

dahamsta wrote:
    Nah, I consider christmas day Sunday cubed, which means I need to do three times less work than I do on a normal Sunday. (Which is physically impossible, since you can't do less than nothing. Although you can be a good for nothing... hmmmm...)

adam

You can do less than nothing and have something great but it involves hiring a chef of some sort. Something that may not go over well with anyone that looks over your finances :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ned78 wrote:
    The Auld Triangle in Macroom do a Christmas Day feast that's not too bad!
    Noted, thank you sir!
    Failing that, I'll send you some Turkey sandwiches. There's only meself and the Mammy as herself is going home to her folks ... and no doubt, the Mother will still buy the 25 stone Turkey.
    I'm only getting back into turkey now, we stopped doing the turkey thing very early on cos none of us were mad about it and the whole thing was a big production. I used to have fillet steak for christmas dinner, and the rest of them had nut roasts and suchlike, Madness! :)
    trixter wrote:
    You can do less than nothing and have something great but it involves hiring a chef of some sort. Something that may not go over well with anyone that looks over your finances :P
    Nah, the chef will be having dinner in her own gaff.

adam /waits to be bitchslapped

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The Commodore Hotel in Cobh is supposed to do a decent noshup for Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

CIT Christmas dinner today ^_^ Gonna get a bus from Crawford, ze art can wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

The Metropole Hotel are supposed to do a good Christmas Dinner - but you may need to book in advance, as they would have guests staying there for Christmas weekend. Infact, check out the Hotels, that would probably be your best bet - then no cooking, no cleaning just stuffing your face and being waited on - what more could you want................ (that's printable!) J

Advertisement