Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT been slow for anyone else today?

Options
  • 28-11-2006 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

My BT's being going slower than my old dial-up today, this happening to anyone else?

It happened a couple of months ago as well and it "got better" after a few days, still very annoying though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mallian

Yes looks like its the same slow speeds as we had a few weeks back. Heres hoping it doesnt take a week to fix this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drustan

Yes guys, at some stafe during yesterday afternoon, speed dropped to below dial up speeds. Its so bad that i cant send monies through paypal. This is bad, very bad.

It would nice to know which exchanges that your on so we know which are been afected.

I'm on the carrigaline,. Co. Cork exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Boards.ie was down to a crawl last night, a lot better this morning, pages are loading faster. Dublin 12

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Drustan wrote:
    Yes guys, at some stafe during yesterday afternoon, speed dropped to below dial up speeds. Its so bad that i cant send monies through paypal. This is bad, very bad.

It would nice to know which exchanges that your on so we know which are been afected.

I'm on the carrigaline,. Co. Cork exchange.
    http://www.smarttelecom.ie/broadband.php

This will tell you what exchange you're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

CuLT wrote:
    http://www.smarttelecom.ie/broadband.php

This will tell you what exchange you're on.

Thanks for that.

I'm on the QUAKER ROAD exchange in Cork and my BT broadband is still really slow today.

• Advertisement

Guys, anyone thats with BT would you please ring their customer support and log your problem. Just off the phone with them and im told that im the only person that has rang in today. And before he can get a technican out to my exhange he needs at least 5 complaints! Crazy, i mean this is crazy. Been passed around like i do know what all morning.

When you do get through tell them that you d/c everything thats connected to your phone line for a half an hour already, if you dont tell them that he'll just tell you to do it and ring back. Then you must wait another 1 hour or so for another call back.

This is absolutely crazy that i must sit by and wait, even though they can just dip in and take monies from my account without even supplying a proper service.

Something tells me this is Eircom at their old tricks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭burtyburr

Mine speed started to slow on sun night and now it impossible.I was told when i rang that there is a problem with the server and that this fault was logged.I was told at first that it would take a few hours but when I pressed the guy admitted it could be today or tomor before anything happens.
    Broadband in this country is such a f***ing nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Been fine here...

Kilkenny exchange.

Burty, where are you, what exchange are you at. Is this just a localised issue in Cork, so far very few on here complaining about their speeds *maybe people are nt bothered to log on cos somestages it takes for ages for a page in boards to load. I thought there would be alot more people affected. At least two guys in BT told me they are not aware of any problems at all.
    Burty are you with BT?

I checked my modem config and showing 3mb downstream, so all is fine at my router and i know my puter is fine also. Can't understand why more arent on complaining though? :confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Drustan wrote:
    Burty, where are you, what exchange are you at. Is this just a localised issue in Cork, so far very few on here complaining about their speeds *maybe people are nt bothered to log on cos somestages it takes for ages for a page in boards to load. I thought there would be alot more people affected. At least two guys in BT told me they are not aware of any problems at all.
    Burty are you with BT?

I checked my modem config and showing 3mb downstream, so all is fine at my router and i know my puter is fine also. Can't understand why more arent on complaining though? :confused:
    I guess other people have jobs ;)

• Advertisement

By the way anyone have the webpage *i think its netsource, not sure though, that lists where mainteance are to be carried out on what exhanges, maybe they may have announcement of faults too, not sure though. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

im on the quaker road and it was **** last night and this morning. Looking at the people here doubt it was sorted going to send them an email.

can everyone bombard them with emails?

http://btireland.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btireland.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=RWUcjOni&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD01ODcmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x

CuLT wrote:
    I guess other people have jobs ;)
    :D:D Too funny.

I'll be out of job too if i dont get my b/b back.

Still though that made me laugh. *first time today

*still laughing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

did ye try resetting your modems? someone else said that speeds are back. Might need to do that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 S5

I'm on Eircom broadband. Its their fault (I think) that its been soooo slloooww today. I telephoned them after lunch. I asked in general was their a problem with Broadband in Cork, the guy who answered wouldn't give me an answer either way until I gave my details etc.. (he was a bit of a bollix to be honest) he checked my line, said there was a problem and that he'd put it with the rest of the complaints he had got (even though I wasn't initially complaining, just asking in general if there was a problem) and that they were working as quickly as possible to rectify the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 S5

I'm in Passage West and this problem happened again a few weeks ago. Emails are coming in on the "Onedin Line". Its bloody ridiculous this situation with Broadband. Dial-up was probably faster in its day!

Skud wrote:
    did ye try resetting your modems? someone else said that speeds are back. Might need to do that...
    p speed is back. thank god, skud where did u find out so quickly?

stand corrected, gone again...looks like they are working on it at the mo, must go though 4 the evening so cant report back, keep me posted, i'll check again around midnight.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mallian

Just got off the phone with BT Tech support and they have not yet elevated the "slow speed" problem of certain users to such a stage where they will contact Eircom Engineers. Please contact BT Support if you are having problems as this problem took a week to fix the last time it surfaced.
    Apparently Eircom were doing some essential maintenance yesterday and this could be to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Recon, you may want to change your sig, as it's too big.

I had speed issues yesterday, so much that my username and password would not get accepted to log me onto the broadband. The issue was fixed about 7ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Sparky-s wrote:
    Recon, you may want to change your sig, as it's too big.

That signature better?

I just got home from work and my broadband seems to be back to normal too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Recon wrote:
    That signature better?

I just got home from work and my broadband seems to be back to normal too.

My BTIreland ADSL in Carrigaline (Cork) has been slow since about last Wednesday. It doesn't drop, its just so slow, even for pings, that most connections timeout, is there a number to ? or can I only communicate my displeasure to the faceless corporation by cancelling the direct debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Mine was ok earlier, but now isn't. :mad:

Looks like a wide spread problem though.

00:35 and speeds are back :)

You know it really aint the slow speeds that get at me. I do understand that from time to time works need to be carried out etc and or failure of equipment. Thats all understandable, but what i cant understand and what really annoys me, is that when i do report a problem that my provider cannot help me as he/she is not aware of a problem and for my problem to be investigated further it will a) at least 5 more persons log a complaint, b) wait for a week or a bit, ring back, put on hold for another 30 mins or so and then tell them my problem is still there, and then maybe they will request an engineer to examine fault which by the time that happens could be another day or two, by which stage its going on nearly a forthnight. I'm just pointing out what more than likely would happen if i was an isolated situation. But problems like this one today and yesterday, surely eircom should be obligie to contact the relevant departments with the teleco who they rent out their lines to, so that the information can be realyed to their customers. Even if we could be giving a time frame, i'd be satisified with that. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

stanley1 wrote:
    Boards.ie was down to a crawl last night,
    Nothing unusual about that!

Advertisement