Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Rav 4

Options
  • 28-11-2006 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm new here, I am thinking of buying a Rav 4 and I'm wondering is there anyone here that has one and also has kids that travel in it. Is it solid on a hilly country road as one of my kids isn't a great traveller. Any other opinions appreciated regarding this vehicle, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Thats the new model I meant to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

had a new model for a while. they're not particularly bouncy, and a lot more comfy than a Tucson/Sportage.

My advice would be to go for the 2.2 D-4D model as it's much lighter on fuel and quieter than the 2.0 VVT-i.

OK Colm, thanks. Is the diesel worth an extra €3,500 though I wonder.

absolutely. i make it to be €38,000 vs €34,800. I definately think it's worth it, aside from fuel economy, the noise levels on the diesel are a lot lower, you also get the 6 speed gearbox, and it's a lot better to drive. I reckon it'll hold a €2,000 margin over the petrol for the first few years.

It should be noted that diesels are harder to get new though.

are you trading a car in against the Rav4?

Yeah Colm, a 01 316i, or else I might sell it seperate. Probarbly have to wait until Feb at least for a diesel I'm told, will cost around 25 or 26 with the beemer.

• Advertisement

that doesn't sound unreasonable. have you got any particular colour in mind.

You in Clare?

Any colour bar the dark blue. In Clare alright.

Give me a shout if you're stuck. (have a dark blue one...)

Advertisement