Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roddy Piper has Cancer

• 28-11-2006 2:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Bit on his website about it. Great quote too:

“It seems like I have been fighting someone, something, someplace, in some manner, my whole life. But this fight, is one I am gonna win!”

Ever Forward,

Roddy Piper

Hopefully the cancer will think it's got all the answers and Piper will just go and change the questions

Hope he makes a full recovery

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oh he'll fight it alright. :) Hope he gets through it okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Wow, this is a shocker alright. But i'd say Piper will give it his all and get though it. Best wishes and get well soon Hot Rod!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Thats very sad. I hope he's okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

any news on what type of cancer it is, i do hope its one of the more cureable ones or one that they've brought out a drug for, fingers crossed.

edit:he has lymphoma, not sure which, there's a good survival rate for non hodgkins lymphoma(60%) but the nhodgkins 5 year survival rate is much higher (85% at it's lowest) fingers crossed that they have a succesful plan for treating the hot rod.

He was recently hospitalized, and had a tumor removed from his back, ending his and Ric Flair's short title reign and subsequently forcing him to miss the Survivor Series Pay Per View.

he's a tough sob to have been wrestling up to recently, thats one of the sorest things ever, the tumour is literally growing in a bone in your back and destroying your vertebrate from the inside out, rubbing away one line of cells at a time, like someone using a mortar and pestle to grind something down, he probably has a metal cage for a vertebrate now, which means fused back, i'd say he may never wrestle again, but then this is the hot rod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Damn I hope he gets better soon and is able to fight through it.If anything is able to do it,its hot rod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

any news on what type of cancer it is, i do hope its one of the more cureable ones or one that they've brought out a drug for, fingers crossed.

edit:he has lymphoma, not sure which, there's a good survival rate for non hodgkins lymphoma(60%) but the nhodgkins 5 year survival rate is much higher (85% at it's lowest) fingers crossed that they have a succesful plan for treating the hot rod.

he's a tough sob to have been wrestling up to recently, thats one of the sorest things ever, the tumour is literally growing in a bone in your back and destroying your vertebrate from the inside out, rubbing away one line of cells at a time, like someone using a mortar and pestle to grind something down, he probably has a metal cage for a vertebrate now, which means fused back, i'd say he may never wrestle again, but then this is the hot rod

According to WWE.com he has Hodgekin's lymphoma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

as weird as it sounds and its a stupid way of putting it but i can't think of a better way to put it,
    but if he has to have one thats the better one to have, higher survival rates = a better chance thanks for the info JohnMc1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hopefully he beats it, he's a cool guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Best wishes to Roddy, hope he gets well soon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree with what's been said. Hope he pulls through and I'm sure he will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Update on Piper From WWE.com:

"I'll walk down that Raw ramp again, or I'll be dead."

Those were just a few of Hall of Famer “Rowdy” Roddy Piper's words on Monday afternoon during a phone conversation with WWE.com in which he repeatedly thanked the WWE fans.

Piper was sent home early from WWE’s early-November tour of the United Kingdom and hospitalized. While in the hospital, he underwent a four-hour surgery, where doctors removed a mass at the spinal cord with an enlarged lymph node. The mass was completely removed, but the lymph node was positive for lymphoma. "This is the second time wrestling, and the wrestling fans have saved my life," said an emotional Piper. "When I was 15, it took me off the streets and kept me out of jail. This time, thanks to the WWE fans who voted me in for Cyber Sunday, I was able to find cancer."

Finding the cancer was just the first step in Piper's ordeal. On Thursday, the legend will begin receiving radiation for the low grade lymphoma, which will last for four weeks. Piper told WWE.com that on January 15, upon the completion of radiation treatment, he expects to walk out of the hospital with a clean bill of health.

Advertisement