Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open water dive course

• 28-11-2006 5:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Im doing the exam for this course this weekend. :eek:
    Bricking it as havn't had to study for anything for nearly 10 years. I assume the nitrogen tables are going to be on it but what else should I revise?:confused:
    Any tips/ hints (without giving the game away, of course:p gladly appreciated).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

doing the open water exam or the theory exam....???

tbh they dont fail people really with Pay And Die very much.

u will need to know the recreational diver table and how to plan multiple dives.

pretty important to know the gas laws aswell although i dont think they test much on that at open water level. its been so long since i sat the open water exam.

if you can answer all the end of chapter question in the open water manual u will be fine.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

doing the open water exam or the theory exam....???

tbh they dont fail people really with Pay And Die very much. .

True....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OzzieDive

tbh they dont fail people really with Pay And Die very much. .
    ::eek:
    Yeah its the theory test. I found the end of chapter stuff OK but am hopeless at exams (Miracle how I got through 4 years of college:confused: )
    will read up more on my dive tables etc then.
    Thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Relax, Ozzie Dive:

The questions are still AFAIK in multiple choice format and the instructor will 'assist' you in passing the exam.

You will not Fail ;)

Benny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Benny-c wrote:
    Relax, Ozzie Dive:

The questions are still AFAIK in multiple choice format and the instructor will 'assist' you in passing the exam.

You will not Fail ;)

Benny

I've failed a few people this year for not getting the required percentage in the theory exams. They passed on a resit, with no help from Instructors or otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement