Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in every room!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 njmurphy

I've been using those for a few months to create a network between computer and media player - works perfectly so far

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

#Elites wrote:
    still fairy expensive, wireless would be cheaper!

not to mention faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tlyons

njmurphy,

have you been able to use these for streaming video from your PC to media box. I have a Hauppage MVP connected to my wireless LAN via a wireless bridge but having problems booting and is less than robust setup. I can frig it to boot and then play video very well over wireless.

I did experiment with a 10Mb wired hub but it couldn't cope with the data throughput when streaming video so not convinced 14Mb given by this product would cope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 njmurphy

tlyons,

I'm using a Buffalo LinkTheater and have had no problems streaming video from my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

My wireless connection is very weak and does not reach throughout my house. Often the connection disappears. Would this be better? I have very thick walls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Peter B, you could get a second wireless AP, and run it in WDS mode as a repeater to give you solid blanket coverage of your entire house. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

these adapters would be the ideal solution for you so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

You might also want to have a look here:
    www.ruckuswireless.net

E.

Advertisement