Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband comparison

Options
  • 28-11-2006 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello all,
    I was wondering where i can go and compare the different broadband providers and find myself the best deal possible out there.
    I was referred to visit www.tryswitch.ie and was told it is easy to use and.................
    Please has anyone used it before?
    can i trust the informations on the site?
    If i switch online, will there be a need to call my desired provider?
    Thanks.:confused:

will you use a price comparison website to find out the best deal on broadband? 12 votes

yes
    0%
    No
    50%
    STaNSeth BrundleBelle Endebyrnefmcormobbennymmurphy 6 votes
    Maybe
    33%
    jor elBendiBusDonkeyStyle \o/Auvers 4 votes
    If the result can be trusted
    16%
    paulm17781ethernet 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

if you still want to pay your previous provider,then no,theres no reason to call...............

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

No matter what i select they seem to suggest either eircom or irish broadband(not available in my area) as my only options. I'm going with UTV, so I'd have to question their process and/or data :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Not saying anything against this website in particular, might be fine. But I remember checking another one before which didn't list Smart (and I think another provider) because although they were supposedly independent, they were looking for payments from the providers to include them in the list and Smart hadn't coughed up. This when I knew Smart was the cheapest option for me.

www.callcosts.ie by ConReg is probably the only site I'd trust for independent advice.

[edit] The results I'm getting from this are a joke. I wouldn't trust anything on that site. It's not even particularly well designed. For the first question, "How many hours do you intend spending on the internet?" the options are 0-1, 2-3, 6-10, and 7+. Jokers.

Advertisement