Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LCD Display is working but no illumination ?

Options
  • 28-11-2006 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know whether I can get this panel lit once more by taking it apart and sourcing a similar 12V bulb from Maplins - or is the backlight integrated into the LCD panel itself ? ie. do I have to try and source a full replacement etc.

Its got all the air-con/climate control info on it + clock so I really want to get it sorted.

Also its a 2000 Honda Accord - would a main dealer still be able to order in a replacement for me do ye folks suppose ?

All help would be greatly appreciated.......

Click Thumbnail to enlarge !
    darklcdqv5.th.png
    Click Thumbnail to enlarge !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gismoman

i have the same issue with a nissan most cars have bulbs at the back of the display some also use fiberoptic cables so bulb is centraly located these bulbs are useally capless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Thats a tough one. The backlight has stopped working mmm... Ring Honda and ask them what it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

gismoman wrote:
    i have the same issue with a nissan most cars have bulbs at the back of the display some also use fiberoptic cables so bulb is centraly located these bulbs are useally capless

Hey Gismoman - thanks for your reply, will take it apart this weekend and replace bulb if possible - just not sure if backlight is integrated into LCD and therefore not replaceable.
    kluivert wrote:
    Thats a tough one. The backlight has stopped working mmm... Ring Honda and ask them what it could be.

:confused: Kluivert - not sure if you're genuine & don't put across your points very well - either that or you're simple, misguided, illiterate, missing key chromosomes and just an immature twat - but anyway many thanks for your stellar input - am adding you to my friends list ;)

P.S. Ann Summers has sex toys with more power than a 1.4 Astra

Raiser wrote:
    :confused: Kluivert - not sure if you're genuine & don't put across your points very well - either that or you're simple, misguided, illiterate, missing key chromosomes and just an immature twat - but anyway many thanks for your stellar input - am adding you to my friends list ;)

P.S. Ann Summers has sex toys with more power than a 1.4 Astra

Obviously my point wasn't well phrased, no need for the dirt in my opinion.

All you need to do is replace the bulb, there is no need to replace the whole lot.

My Astra is a 1.4. Get a grip. Maybe I dont make my points clearly with the syntax of a Oxford graduate but at least am not talking crap.

I wasnt trying to be smart, Ill edit the post for you to read again. Here it is below.

LCD screens are hard to judge, it might be advisable that you consult a Haynes Manual for your particular car or contact a Honda dealer's service department directly in order to determine your choices for the above issue you have raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's obvious that the OP asked the question because he/she thought someone might know the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

There are 3 bulbs in your unit, all different. You'll only get them from a Honda dealer. They range between about €1.70 and €2.50 each.

You should be able to replace them all yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kluivert wrote:
    I wasnt trying to be smart,

yes.
    yes you were. and youve been doing it a lot recently.

if youre going to say something, say it, and dont make up some bull later on about what you were trying to say.

Am being serious

Even my boss says my grammer is crap.

The above was a geniune mistake.

The one about the indicators, that was my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies - once again boards.ie comes to the rescue - much appreciated.

- JHMEG - Do you mind me asking how you know this in such detail - do you [or anyone else here] happen to have a Haynes manual for this particular Accord ? The only ones I could find all seem to be US motors or every other Accord but mine.....Its a 2000 SE Executive 1.8 Hatch

.....Either that or you ripped chunks out of your Dashboard to investigate and help a fellow boardsie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I have the Chilton's manual (same as Haynes) for my '98 Accord Coupe. Only covers the US model alright, but then again the Coupe is US-built so I'm sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement