Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enablement of Rural Exchanges

Options
  • 28-11-2006 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I rang eircom yesterday to check availability of broadband in my area - Dunlavin exchange in Co. Wicklow. I know its not currently enabled but wanted to see what they would tell me. Apparently this exchange is on the list for the next phase of enablement. Of course they are unable to tell me when the "next round of enablement" will take place?

Anyone get the same answer from eircom? Is it just a standard answer for everyone that enquires about broadband or is it a genuine answer. Does anyone know when the next round will take place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

I called Eircom about 2 weeks ago to ask about the Summerhill, Meath exchange - this was on the last list of exchanges announced. I was told it would be done within the next 3 months, by the end of January. Keep meaning to ring again and see if I get the same answer ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Any idea where you can find the list of exchanges lined up, as opposed to calling eircom?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nobody has the list save eircom.

Ring 1800503303 and if its due within 3 months they will tell you , sometimes they also have due in 3-6 months on a list and everything else is over 6 months away usually.

Advertisement