Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Pee

Options
  • 28-11-2006 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am looking for a solution to a wee cat problem.
    How do you remove the smell of cat pee from a piece of wooden furniture.
    Also how to prevent it happening again would be good.
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Make a watery paste out of BIOLOGICAL washing powder and water. (Biological washing power contains enzymes that other kinds dont),...Rub it on the furniture and leave overnight. Wash off the next morning.
    Dont use bleach or any other solution containing amonia as this may just attract the cat to "remark" his territory.
    (Bear in mind, I am not sure if the mix might stain the wood as I dont know what wood it is or how it has been treated, so maybe try on a small invisable area first!).

To prevent it happening again, try rubbing a lemon scented wax or even just a lemon on the wood. Or also you could try just using a waterproof varnish.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 delphie rex

does this work for dog pee too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Might do.
    Never tried it on dog pee tbh, dont see why not though.

B

Advertisement