Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone do the weetabix week?

• 28-11-2006 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭

tried the yogurt one.... never again

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

NO!... It looks repulsive, Weetabix are too dry, putting fruit and yoghurt etc on it would just give you a gloopy mess I would imagine.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

HavoK wrote:
    What is this?

It's a marketing idea, try weetabix for a week with different things on it like Yoghurt, strawberries, blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its just an attempt to get customers to jazz up a bland product rather than having to do for themselves(weetabix)

Whatever happened the old milk and sugar? The old ways are the best:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

no it looks horrible...they all look real dry and uuugh. and i really like weetabix!!...but with milk, mmmmmm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm fairly sure I did try a couple of different combinations when they first started doing those ads and found some nice ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Weetabix and yoghurt isn't so bad actually. But nothing beats the classic milk and sugar....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

the weirdest I go with weetabix is weetabix buttered and a cuppa tae, but
    warm milk and brown sugar... beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

On the rare occasion I eat Weetabix, bananas and milk is about as adventurous as I get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, most of the "serving suggestions" on the ad look far too dry. You need to give weetabix a good soak in milk. The ads annoyed me, I must say. I eat Weetabix anyway as it's a fairly nice breakfast (with plain ole honey and milk) and I don't feel the need to have a bunch of muppets in an ad telling me how to eat what I eat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Those ads annoy me too much to do it anyway. Like it's changed their lives or something! :rolleyes:

Weetabix with milk...hot or cold, that's about as adventerous as it gets with me.

As for Oatabix...one is not impressed!

Oh the little things that bother me...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Trilla wrote:
    the weirdest I go with weetabix is weetabix buttered and a cuppa tae, but
    warm milk and brown sugar... beautiful!

:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I just stick to the normal milk and sugar. I recently made the mistake of buying the Oatabix to try it out, blaaa, it's disgusting!! How could they get it so wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Actually, buttered Weetabix is quite nice, though hard to eat unless you really go to town with the butter. The more you butter the Weetabix, the less it falls apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Weetabix with: Banana and milk or perhaps honey, banana and milk, never sugar.

Me I do porridge every day, with milk, honey and raisins. Sometimes with sunflower seeds and walnut pieces as well...hmmmm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

I HATE milk so I always pour a little boiling over my Weetabix to soften it up anyway. After that I find many of the suggestions are lovely, especially yogurt or with raisins etc. I do like it with jam spread on it though. Mmmmm...

Not a fan of Oatabix but after buying them I had to get rid of them and they actually weren't too bad if I mixed one Oatabix with 2 Weetabix.

2 Normal Weetabix with a little boiling water and then some Weetabix Minis mixed in is also yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

nando wrote:
    I HATE milk so I always pour a little boiling over my Weetabix to soften it up anyway. After that I find many of the suggestions are lovely, especially yogurt or with raisins etc. I do like it with jam spread on it though. Mmmmm...

Not a fan of Oatabix but after buying them I had to get rid of them and they actually weren't too bad if I mixed one Oatabix with 2 Weetabix.

2 Normal Weetabix with a little boiling water and then some Weetabix Minis mixed in is also yum!

God No...sounds rotten gotta say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Put raisins in milk overnight in the fridge, they puff up with the moisture. The yogurt is too thick, mixed with milk is nice. I used to leave the bowl in the freezer since I like the milk ice cold and the room temp wheat heats it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

We should start a Weetabix Anoraks Society.

Advertisement