Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Housing Threshold going up

Options
  • 28-11-2006 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I earn too much to apply for this and too little to get a mortgage!

Does anyone know if this is going to be going up? South dublin cc's limit is 40k, which i earn over.

PS: Has anyone in the same boat as me resolved this situation as I am getting more and more frustrated with this country and god forgive me when the polititians start knocking at my door looking for my vote.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Try the affordable housing initative,55k is the top bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

or apply to Dublin City Council - top limit of e65,000 or Dun Laoghaire Rathdown when the list reopens - no top income limit. The e40k threshold should be automatically increased annually in line with pay deals but of course that would be too simple a solution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Is the limit based on basic pay or do you include overtime & bonus's??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Keith C wrote:
    Is the limit based on basic pay or do you include overtime & bonus's??
    It's based on your P60 figure from last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭mentalson

move to cork. limit has been increased to €130,000.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I seriously doubht that.

Anyone earning 130k can afford a house:) or was it a typo on the site?

Where did you get that info from?

Advertisement