Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on this router

• 28-11-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=306987

Hi, Im new to the whole wireless business, and have a quick question about the above router.

I have 3MB digweb dsl connection with a ZyXel modem.
    If i buy the router linked, will I be able to connect xbox/laptop/desktop via ethernet, and ds and wii via wireless?

What I need to know is - all I need is the router and the modem to get everything up and running?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If i buy the router linked, will I be able to connect xbox/laptop/desktop via ethernet, and ds and wii via wireless?
    You can connect anything you want wirelessly (although they'll all need to use the same encryption protocol, so you'll be using the least one available - WPA in the case of attaching the DS).
    all I need is the router and the modem to get everything up and running?
    Yes. There might need to be some setup with ports and such for the consoles to get online with the inbuilt firewall, but other than that you should be ok as far as I can see.

No doubt Foxwood will be along to confirm, or shame :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Yeah thanks, Just wanna be 100% thats all I need to get up and running :)

Will order today so I will have everything ready for the wii, and needed an ethernet hub anyway, so it covers that aspect too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

No doubt Foxwood will be along to confirm, or shame :)
    My only advice for a gamer who wants to go wireless is to ask for advice on a gaming board - gamers and games consoles may have "special needs" (like crippled encryption etc).

If everyone on your favourite DS fan board or Wii board is raving about the Mr Magoo router, then that's probably the best router to get, even if nobody outside the gaming community has heard of it.

Advertisement