Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding a link to a swf like you would to a gif

Options
  • 28-11-2006 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I have made a couple of banners in Flash, but I want to make them into links too when used on a website. Is there an easy way of doing it in a Dreamweaver environment like there is using a gif and jpeg?

I don't get the same screen quality when I export them as a gif movie as when I do so as a swf movie.

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

you can add an action to the flash project when your designing it, so that when you click on it it will go to the hardcoded link!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Yes, I was trying that. Aftr making the swf and finding out in DW I can't just fill in the link field, I added a layer to the .fla, and added in Actions the <a href="http://www.somwebsite.com&quot; target="_blank"> bit. No luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No, you need to use actionscript - not html for adding links to Flash stuff.

Create a button* over the area that you want clickable and then add actions to the button:
    on (release) {
    	getURL("http://link.com", "_blank");
    }

* to create an invisible button over the whole .swf file then make a square/rectangle the exact dimensions of the swf file and remove the border/stroke pixels just to be sure (I've had some wobblies with this in tweening scenarios afair). Then convert the square/rectangle into a 'button' and open the button by double clicking it. You want that frame only visible in the "hit" framebox, so move the frame containing the square to the hit framebox. If you don't - you will have the square visible. The hit frame tells flash what area is the clickable area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Gordon wrote:
    actionscript

Thats the word i was looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nogihno

make a brand new layer that covers the whole animation and put the above actionscript on the on(release) event of that layer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

how come this is the thread of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

how come this is the thread of the day
    Because thread of the day is a random thing and isn't based on merit or importance.

( :p )

Advertisement