Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bladerunner 2 helicopter

Options
  • 28-11-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for one of these for a Christmas present for someone. I was wondering if anyone knows if it can be bought in Ireland. Some of the UK gadget sites sell it, but many don't deliver to Ireland or are very expensive for postage. If I could get one locally for a similar price I'd prefer to do that. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

got one from iwoot.com
    sent it for 25quid, but i got 150quid worth of stuff , looks fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Y'see, there's that expensive postage thing again. :) No local sources, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Is it a toy or a model? Im too lazy to google.
    :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

They turn up in some toy stores and gadget shops in Ireland.
    Generally the Irish model & hobby shops don't touch them as their customers ask for more than these models can deliver.
    But while the model shop ones are better quality they also cost more, so if it is for someone else and you're paying ....... :-)
    I would start with Toymaster , Smiths Toys, & the likes of Arnotts.

It's more of a toy than a real model, Plug, no sign of it on Smyth's, Arnott's or Argos websites, though. Thanks anyway, coolwings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

looks like a toy to me, should go for the twister 3D.
    Awaiting my free Dragonus from the UK which i get to review....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Altoid

I got one for my brother last Christmas.

It's a bit of fun. But not great.

There is a similar helicopter in Maplins in Blanchardstown for about 60Euro.

It is only a toy - but that doesn't stop it being fun.

Firebox are now selling these things :

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1420&src_t=cat&src_id=radiocontrol

Incedibly small and light. Only two channel - but again good indoor fun.

- Altoid.

I'm actually thinking about this one instead, looks like a good starter helicopter and their delivery to Ireland isn't too bad.

http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-Helicopters/Dragonfly-4/Dragonfly-4-RC-Helicopter/

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

I got my PiccoZ last week from komplett

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=322700

for what they are (&cost) they are good fun for indoors.I am getting nearly 10mins flight times from mine (from a 20min charge) and they can take a beating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Hi there,

Talking about the Picooz, there is a walk around on my website for a while now : http://gliderireland.modelisme.com/picooz.htm

I have videos if some are interrested to see this little machine flying :)

Very good machine indeed ! And you can't beat the factor fun / money !

Working on a scale body now ;)

Fred

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yo fred, would be interested in seeing the vids, can they be viewed anywhere ?

MooseJam wrote:
    yo fred, would be interested in seeing the vids, can they be viewed anywhere ?

Hi Moose,

Video style on the HDD :o
    I prepare that tonight and post the link tomorrow !
    Get ready for the PicooZ battle.. In my garage :p:p

Fred

Hi There,

A short video of 2 picooz in my garage (1.40 mins) is available here : Right Click and Save as... (4.2 Mo)

The other pilot is Joe (yellow Picooz)

Enjoy !

Fred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thx for the video fred, they look pretty cool, think I'll get one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Aye, was looking at these a few months back. Thats the 1st decent video I have seen and I want one... ...along with your garage and evrything in it:D

Thanks Flunked ! :)
    The video is a bit too short to really appreciate the thing, but you can see what the " beast" is capable of in a very small space.
    Note the cnc machine on the background working :D

Well, fo me, another group order is on the way for the friends and so on... almost 40 ordered so far :eek:

Very good value money/fun !

Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

do you make these things yourself? Nice video BTW;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

nah he buys them I think;)

Anychance of making that wooping order of 40 into 41:) What price? if you feel like it...

I hadn't noticed the CNC until you pointed it out and I watched again :)
    I think there would be a want for aluminium a-arms for carson models if you feel bored and what to lose/win some moola
    :D I will do up an accutrate sketch of a front a arm maybe I can try do up a rear a arm to if you like... tis up to you :)

Advertisement