Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a t-shirt for swimming

• 28-11-2006 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey,

Im looking for a nice t-shirt for swimming in or sitting in hot tub.

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Eh, generally people don't wear tshirts into the pool/hot tub...

Or has that suddenly came into fashion without me realising it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Maybe the original poster has bad skin or man boobies to cover up ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'd say fuggit - to hell with modesty and/or being embaressed about your body... nobody cares and nobody will look twice... after the first 5 minutes you'll be totally over it anyway.

Being the only one wearing a t-shirt at the pool will only serve to draw attention and make people wonder what you're hiding.
    And once the t-shirt gets wet, it'll cling to your skin anyway.

It depends on what you're trying to cover up I suppose... I'd say go for something thin (maybe nylon?) so it doesn't soak up a lot of water and weigh you down or get too heavy so it streches/sags at the neck... black with no pattern, so it's harder for people to make out your contours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

rb_ie wrote:
    Eh, generally people don't wear tshirts into the pool/hot tub...

Or has that suddenly came into fashion without me realising it?!

how have you not heard of this? :p

fat people wear em. or if you have sunburn it's good (thats why i wear em if i do). plus it's fun. you can trap water in the tshirt - it looks cool! :)

I'm doing a winter swim for charity so no way am i feck1n going out there in a bikini anyway. So i'm thinkin of wearing a tshirt and even shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

How about a surfer's rashguard t-shirt if you don't mind the clinginess? I'm guessing you might be a fella and I think a rashguard would look fine, esp during winter with some black shorts or something?

rashguard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Strokesfan wrote:
    How about a surfer's rashguard t-shirt if you don't mind the clinginess? I'm guessing you might be a fella and I think a rashguard would look fine, esp during winter with some black shorts or something?

rashguard.jpg

Called a rash vest :p , they are basically shirts for the water. If you get one that fits you well you wont even know its there. Not to tight, not to loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Called a rash vest :p , they are basically shirts for the water. If you get one that fits you well you wont even know its there. Not to tight, not to loose.

I had one of those for swimming, especially at the beach cos I have bad scarring on my bad and was very conscious of it, and I couldn't expose it to the sun.

Great option btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

I wont be swimming, Im just going on holidays and will be sitting in the hot tub alot for the most of the day and night and I was just looking for a cute top or t-shirt that I could wear in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'm doing a winter swim for charity so no way am i feck1n going out there in a bikini anyway. So i'm thinkin of wearing a tshirt and even shorts.

I hope you don't think they are going to keep you warm!! Get a swimsuit or try and borrow a wetsuit from someone. Since I started surfing I rarely get into the sea without a wet suit.

mcoolmcool:
    Where are you going that will have you in a hot tub most of the day and night. Surely you will get very very bored. Is it some kind of competition where the person who stays in the longest wins the hottub? At least you don't have to leave for bathroom breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Charity swim in winter, definately go with a wetsuit unless you want to be freezing in about 3 minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement