Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Internships/Co-op

Options
  • 28-11-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Summer Internships/Co-op
    Was just curious what it is like for university students in Ireland to get summer internships. I spend every summer in Dublin but this year, as per the requirements of my Canadian university program, I have to find an internship in a business related field. I'd really like to stay in Dublin but there just doesnt look like alot of availability on alot of job websites (monster.ie, irishjobs.ie, etc.). Anyone know anywhere that hires students for the summer (May-August). I am not looking to be named CEO of eircom but I would definately need a position in a disciplinary such as accounting, marketing, or finance. I am in the 2nd year of a 4 year accounting degree and have experience as an Accounts Assistant as well as the fact as I will be starting to work in a bank from January-April. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Summer Internships/Co-op
    Anyone know anywhere that hires students for the summer (May-August). I am not looking to be named CEO of eircom but I would definately need a position in a disciplinary such as accounting, marketing, or finance.

All the Big 4 do summer internships from early June til September. You apply in January. I'm sure the smaller ones do too. Just check on the website. If it doesn't say, send them an email.

To be honest, I found it easy enough to get a summer internship, you just have to decide where it is you want to work and find out if they have a program, then just apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

There are an awful lot of internships going, but they're not very well publicised (in the field I'm ineterted in any way, which is publishing and therefore not terribly relevant to you). I've found it better to look at the websites of companies you're interested in rather than recruitment websites.

There are also a number dedicated webpages that list internships.

When in doubt the careers office can sometimes be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dodgycanadian

Pythia yes I have noticed that all the big 4 do have internship programs but they seem to all be for students in their last year. Where as by May I will only be half done my honours business degree. Do any accounting firms hire
    3rd year students?

Pretty monster, I actually applied to a couple digital media and publishing companies maybe trying to land a marketing position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭aaronquigley

Summer Internships/Co-op
    Was just curious what it is like for university students in Ireland to get summer internships. I spend every summer in Dublin but this year, as per the requirements of my Canadian university program, I have to find an internship in a business related field. I'd really like to stay in Dublin but there just doesnt look like alot of availability on alot of job websites (monster.ie, irishjobs.ie, etc.). Anyone know anywhere that hires students for the summer (May-August). I am not looking to be named CEO of eircom but I would definately need a position in a disciplinary such as accounting, marketing, or finance. I am in the 2nd year of a 4 year accounting degree and have experience as an Accounts Assistant as well as the fact as I will be starting to work in a bank from January-April. Cheers.

Link: http://www-05.ibm.com/employment/ie/students/extremeblue.html - they are always looking for Business students (it's not accounting, marketing, or finance but take a look anyway). You might also want to try http://www.iaeste.ie/ (which is for outside of Ireland and again might not be a perfect match).

Aaron.

Advertisement