Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Food Resturants

Options
  • 28-11-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Friends;

Is there any fast food resturants like McDonald In Greystones??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wifey

There are only the two Chippers:
    Pinetos beide extra Vision
    & Jokers beside McGleenans Chemist on the main Street
    Actually there is also the chippers oppisite the Beach house in the Harbour. There is another topic discussing all the restaurants etc in the area, have a look there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

nearest McDonalds is in Bray at the Town Hall, top of the main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

The one beside Xxtravision always throws you a few free chips & they're top class IMO!!...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yes, but their kebabs are awful. Burgers are so-so. Haven't been sufficiently confident to try the fish. Pizzas are about passable.

Jokers isn't any better.

Frankly, I'd rather make the stuff at home, save my money and then get an indian takeaway from Indian Spice. Seriously, how can Indian Spice and Pinitos be so close to one another physically and so far apart in quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There's always Henry and Rose in Kilcoole, but it's not a patch on their shop in Bray...

• Advertisement

Which is only okay compared to a *real* chipper like the Seashell in dublin.

Seriously.
    "We'll batter anything" is their motto and they live up to it. Mars bars? Passe. Last year even. Curly Wurly's, Mince Pies, Creme Eggs, burgers from Burger King, you name it. I think they'd even batter roadkill if you brought it to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

jokers....
    tasty chips... (chips, garlic mayo, mozerella cheese and bacon)

you can't go wrong!

and if you're really up for it they've started to sell pounders!

Hmmm. A pound of joker's hamburger.
    Er, no thanks, I'll pass I think. I don't have that much bathroom reading material...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

alto its not really feasible, if you could pick n mix your chipper grub, i'd go for the following

Fish from Joe Sweeneys (the little shop opposite the Beach House)
    Chips from Jokers
    QP w/cheese from Pinetos, also Onion rings and batter sausage from here. Their chips aint bad either.
    Was v dissapointed with Joes onion rings - they were just like the ones in a green isle bag

just my 2c

Advertisement