Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Read this before you buy from IBOOD.com

• 28-11-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here bought things from this website ?
    if yes please let me know did you experienced the same

i find that very strange that they dont even have a phone number :eek:

I ordered a external hard drive Link Here from their website

i was charged 132 Euros Instantly as i contacted AIB and they told me the money has been transfered.

The delivery information available on website is below
    "When will I receive my order?
    You will receive your order on average 1 to 5 days after confirmation. A courier will deliver your order to the delivery address stated by you."
    available at this link

my proof of order is
    here

and today i recieved a reply which is below

I had to extract all this information out of them by sending them about 5 emails marking "urgent"
    terrible experience so far

Dear Mr. ,

First of all I would like to apologize for my late response.

Due to a problem of the supplier, we have not received the hard disks yet. As soon as we know more about this problem we will send you an e-mail. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and we will try to solve this as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Customer Support
    iBOOD.com

Van: ]
    Verzonden: maandag 27 november 2006 15:15
    Aan: iBOOD.com
    Onderwerp: RE: Inquirey regarding my order <URGENT>

Dear Sir/Madam

As you confirmed that my order is in the system i recieved and email after that conforming that my order has been shipped however i have not recieved anything yet.

is there a possibility that you can provide me the carrier and the tracking number so i can trace it

I was expecting my product to be delivered in 3 days of the order as the website suggests

and now it has taken more then a week and i am still waiting for the delivery

Kindly please help

Regards

> Dear Mr.,
    >
    >
    >
    > It is really strange that you did not receive a confirmation e-mail. I
    > checked it in our system and your order went well. We received your
    > payment
    > and your address data, so as soon as we receive the hard drive from the
    > supplier, we will send it to you.
    >
    >
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Customer Support
    > iBOOD.com
    >
    > _____
    >
    > Van: [mailto:]
    > Verzonden: dinsdag 21 november 2006 18:49
    > Aan: customerservice@iBOOD.com
    > Onderwerp: Inquirey regarding my order
    >
    >
    >
    > Dear Sir/Madam
    >
    > I have placed an order on your website for hard drive on 20th november
    >
    > I havent recieved any confirmation from you for my order
    >
    > It was trekstore hard drive 320 gb
    >
    > The money has been taken out of my account
    >
    > Kindly please investigate and let me know when i will recieve my order
    >
    > Thanking you
    >
    > Regards
    >

I am not sure if its in the right section but people read about bargains in this section and i believe its better to read this before you buy so no one else goes through the same experience :(
    >

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Did you pay by credit card or bank transfer/24 hour banking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

i paid by credit card on their website
    and the money was taken out the same day
    its the snapshot of my internet banking page

okidoki987 wrote:
    Did you pay by credit card or bank transfer/24 hour banking?

If you paid by Credit Card, you will be fine.
    If the company don't deliver the goods, you can request the CC
    to return the payment to you.
    The CC company is jointly and severably (I think is the phrase) liable for the
    goods so you can write them an e-mail saying you never got the goods and the CC comapny (AIB) will chase it up for you.
    You should give them a bit more time, I would have thought?

I agree with you that i need to give them some more time

but then i have the followinmg points

Why its not mentioned on their website ?
    which claims

When will I receive my order?
    You will receive your order on average 1 to 5 days after confirmation. A courier will deliver your order to the delivery address stated by you

why they didnt mailed me that they dont have this in stock to make sure i know of the situation once it goes beyond the normal delivery time ?

I greatly appreciate your help okidoki987 i have no doubts in saying
    "you are a sound person"

okidoki987 wrote:
    If you paid by Credit Card, you will be fine.
    If the company don't deliver the goods, you can request the CC
    to return the payment to you.
    The CC company is jointly and severably (I think is the phrase) liable for the
    goods so you can write them an e-mail saying you never got the goods and the CC comapny (AIB) will chase it up for you.
    You should give them a bit more time, I would have thought?

why they didnt mailed me that they dont have this in stock to make sure i know of the situation once it goes beyond the normal delivery time ?

I guess so you don't cancel the order.
    "It's in the post" springs to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I think its bad practice to charge your card before they ship, they could have just authorised the payment and then charged just before the item left.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

tell ur CC you want to complete a chargeback to the card in relation to this transaction, tell them you paid and never recieved the goods/service you paid for,

Your credit card company will first ask did you try and sort this out with the retailer and you can say yes but with no joy.

of course this is only if u get no joy!

Thanks guys for all this info

I am going to wait till this weekend if i get it other wise i have no option
    other than acting as you have suggested

certainly not has been the experience what i expected with IBood

This is how it ended
    i will post here when i will recieve my refund appearing on my card

Now i wonder did anyone else recieve those hard drives ? :D The Exploding Ones

Atleast they were streightforward :) that the only point i can give them !

Subject: RE: Delivery of my order <URGENT>
    Date: Wed, November 29, 2006 9:37 am
    To:

Dear Mr. ,

I totally understand your feelings. I will try to explain what the problem with the harddrive is:

There seems to be an error in the system of the harddrive, because of that it has a large chance of exploding. The manufacturer (of course) had to fix this error before we could send them to our clients. Now the manufacturer is very busy solving the problem of exploding. They expect to deliver a completely safe product next Friday. Because this is too late for you, I have refunded the money on your credit card.

Hopefully now you understand that we could not help it that this problem has occurred. We hope that you will trust us again in the future!

Kind regards,

Customer Support
    iBOOD.com

Van: [mailto:]
    Verzonden: woensdag 29 november 2006 10:11
    Aan: iBOOD.com
    Onderwerp: Delivery of my order <URGENT>

Dear Sir/Madam

Thanks for your reply regarding my order.I am not very happy for the fact that it has not been posted to me yet.I bought this hard drive for a birthday of my brother which is on this friday.

Is it possible that you can post me the Hard drive by friday.If not then i would request to give me a full refund.as i dont need this thing after friday.

I bought this thing from your website in good faith believing that it will be delivered within the timeframe you mentioned on the website

My experience so far with your website has not been the best and i have several friends who buy things on line and you definately have failed so far to make place in my recomendation list.Unless you choose to convince me that it was just a once off thing and compensate me soon for that.

Kindly please deal with this matter as urgent

Thanks for your assistance with this

Not very Happy customer of yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ! :eek:

Much appreciated heads-up from digitally-yours. Cheers mate.

Won't be ordering from them!

• Advertisement

I've heard some excuses but that's a new one :eek:
    At least they refunded you the dosh so I wouldn't throw them out yet.

yes i was surperised to read that too."huge risk of Exploding"
    and "very busy solving this problem"

why the hell they put that offer in the first place if there was a huge risk of exploding ?

and i never heard a hard drive "Exploding" i would recomend them to make decent excuses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

If you're really unhappy with them, you might want to contact TrekStor and tell them you've been told by iBOOD that their hard drives are exploding.

http://www.trekstor.com/contact.htm

Nah i wouldnt do that !
    i am just waiting for my money back and then end of the story
    all this chasing after the story gains me nothing

MOH wrote:
    If you're really unhappy with them, you might want to contact TrekStor and tell them you've been told by iBOOD that their hard drives are exploding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

I sure as hell would contact the manufacturer of the drives!

If I were them, and someone was giving false information on my products, I would like to know!

If you email them and it turns out that there actually is a problem with the drives, then no harm done.

I would too.
    That way you will find out very quickly if they are telling the truth and if they are not, at least evrybody will know for certain.
    All it takes is a copy of the e-mails or ask them is there a problem with their hard drives. You never know they may sort you out for one cheap :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Interesting heads up about this but its hardly bargain alerts material - may be better off in consumer issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

MOH wrote:

I'd DEFINITELY get on to trekstore about that. It is, purely and simply libellous if untrue. Trekstore should then sue IBOOD for defamation of character :) TBH it sounds like a b0ll0x excuse, nevertheless I wouldn't want to deal with IBOOD for 1) Taking payment without having the goods in the first place and 2) IF the excuse was true, selling shoddy goods!!

It is what it's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

in fairness to iBood Pixmania are constantly showing items as being "in stock" where they are not. If you want CS hell then try to get Pixmania to respond to an email explaining where your order is some time.

iBood have real humans in customer service which is always a good sign and the CS is able to refund your card and cancel the order which is someting you will never see happen in Pixmania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think Trekstore should be greatful to the tune of a free HD for your notifying them of this OP ;o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Especially if they can't sell them anyway because they're exploding :D

Hello is that <boom>
    Guess is must have been! ;)

well i wasnt gona chase that anymore but now once u guys insisted me i have sent the following email to trekstor :D

i hope I bood is not hosted on a trekstor hard drive :)

Dear Sir/Madam

I have been advised by Ibood.com that the 320 GB hard drives you are selling have very serious risk of exploding and you are not supplying any more hard drives as they are seriously flawed.

I would just like to confirm if that information is correct.

I placed an order with Ibood.com and after several days after investigation they informed me that they are not going to ship me my order as your hard drive poses serious risk of exploding and you are aware of this thing and are trying to resolve this issue

If you want i can forward you the communicatuon emails below for referance purposes
    i hope you will get back to me soon regarding this situation

Kind Regards

update of the situation so far i dont see any refund appearing on my card !

so guys the trail ends here
    i got a cold reply from trekstor :) as expected

:D for trekstor its not surperising i believe !

please read below

Dear Mr. ,

thank you for requesting information from your TrekStor Service Team.

There is no risk of exploding nor is there any other imperfection with our devices. That´s why we cannot follow your and respectively your stockist´s statement.

We know that you as customer have the choice and we thank you for having decided for TrekStor.

Kind regards,

Wenzel Imhäuser
    TrekStor Service Team

Please enclose the complete correspondence because we handle the e-mails team-wise

Despite having been told that i have been refunded

i havent recieved money back in my card !

should i wait more ?

how long it takes for master card refund to take place ?

i am thinking of contacting my cc company ?

any sugessions :mad: :mad:

If it was me, I wouldn't say anything to Ibood about that e-mail yet.
    I'd ring the cc company and ask them if the refund has gone through, if not tell them about the problem and ask them to hold payment to IBood ufn.
    You may have to send in a letter etc before they will do this.
    Then ring IBood and ask them where the refund is on the credit card and if they say they have done it, tell them the CC company can't see it (it may take some time for a refund to appear back on your cc).
    Ask them for the date is was put back on and then ring back the cc company and give them the details.
    If and when you get your dosh back from IBood, then tell them about the e-mail but I'd wait until the money is back in first.

I was typing the reply before you had put in the second post.

Finally Recieved my refund today

Jesus that was one hell of a problem !!!

Good Bye I bood forever !!!:D :D:D:D:D

I better pay 10 euros more and have it now rather than live on false hopes for 3 weeks and then get my money back and buy more expensive thing again !!!

My ratings for i bood

Only Buy if you have No Other option and you are willing to pay to a company which have no phone numbers and no address !!
    out of 10 i would give them 3 :) and thats for refunding my money !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

ive ordered with them a few times and had no problems.

maybe yours was just a bad case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

They sound as bad as OcUK.
    Exploding hard drives eh.....? Weapons of mass storage destruction no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Ibood appear to be a disaster. No password on registering no confirmation email on purchasing still waiting to hear from customer services

Can you please post your all story too so we can see is there any pattern !! and my case was not the only one !

Compak wrote:
    Ibood appear to be a disaster. No password on registering no confirmation email on purchasing still waiting to hear from customer services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 christy123

I've never had a problem with iBOOD, and have ordered quite a few times now. How do you know that iBOOD is lying about the explosive hard drives? iBOOD is a Dutch website right? it's possible that trekstor doesn't even know they've sold 'explosive hardware'...

It's just a disappointment to get nothing when you're hoping for a 320 hard drive, but if it were me having this problem, I'd be happy they didn't send me a crappy hard drive without telling me, and then finding myself at risk when I use it (without knowing...)

Oh well, I've ordered four products with iBOOD now, including the surprise box, and have never been let down. So... I think it was just a bad case you had. they're active in a lot of countries so of course sometimes things go wrong :o I wouldn't feel too bad about it. it's all solved now, isn't it? Hope you did find a good Hard Drive somewhere else!

Can you please post your all story too so we can see is there any pattern !! and my case was not the only one !

Sorry did not want to give out until I heard from them and what the deal was.

So heres my story.
    One thing is they are very propmt in replying to queries even if there answers are not satisfactory. This spans from the 5th December to the last mail received today

To whom it concerns

I placed an order today for the logitech wireless headphones. First attempt it was not accepted under the username 1-credit card problems. When this was rectified i resigned up under username 2 and ordered and it appeared to go through ok.
    However i received no confirmation email for signing up or for purchasing the product. When i went into sign to ibood to see if it was in my purchases i had no password. I got my password resent but this was for user 1 i had used same email address for both.
    So now i have no way of accessing my account or no confirmation of purchase.
    Also as i tried to buy a few times can you ensure only one purchase goes through.
    Can you clear this up for me please.

It was to be delivered to .......

Dear Mr. .....

I can confirm that we only received one order. I do not know why you did not receive an confirmation email, because we received your payment and your address data. I am sorry for the inconvenience and we will send the product as soon as we receive it from our supplier.

Kind regards,

Customer Support
    iBOOD.com

Dear Mr. .......

I am very sorry, but I cannot give you the password, simply because we do not have the passwords of our members. I will keep you updated about this order, and I recommend to open a new account if you wish to make another order someday.

Kind regards,

Customer Support
    iBOOD.com

Dear Mr. ........... (DEc 13th)

At this moment there is a delay on the delivery of the headphones, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We expect to deliver the headphones at the end of the week or in the beginning of next week. Again our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Customer Support
    iBOOD.com

(Yesterday)
    Thank you for keeping me informed of the situation. However my order was made the 5th of December. I believe that was quite sufficient to be confident of delivery considering your delivery statements on the website and what you charge for it.
    I do not believe i should need to iterate that if I fail to receive this for Christmas I will be thinking twice before purchasing again and will not be recommending you to others. I frequent many forums visited by thousands which contain current and potential customers and will ensure to include an appropriate write up of these events.

Kind Regards

iBOOD.com to me
    11:23 am (Today)

Dear Mr. ....

I understand that you are mad because it is taking so long before you receive your headphones. However, this is due to a problem of the supplier. I am very sorry and I hope we will receive the headphones as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Customer Support
    iBOOD.com

looks like some one else being given Fake Hopes !!!!

I would say keep intouch with them and

Keep us posted here and my personal sugession dont let it go on for long
    If u know its taking too long ur better off asking for refund !!!

well let us know ur whole experience !!!!

definately a disaster near Xmas when u plan to buy something and expect them to arrive on time !

I hope u get ur things ! or money back at least if they dont deliver as they promise within 3 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

i recently ordered a 30GB Creative Zen Vision from IBood for €200 and apart from a minor delay (about 2 weeks and this was over the Christmas period so probably not all down to them) the item arrived safely and in good working order. the customer support when i was inquiring about the delay was excellent and Id have no reservations ordering from them again

Customer support response rate is great no feelgood gratuities though for inconvenience breaking delivery guideline etclike many sites which were a lot quicker to send.

Got my earphones finally yesterday. Exactly one month. They are great but they sold it on the irish part of their site but sent a European plug whcih not too happy about

Compak wrote:
    Got my earphones finally yesterday. Exactly one month. They are great but they sold it on the irish part of their site but sent a European plug whcih not too happy about

One Month :eek: :eek: i salut your patience !!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Well, I got the Zen Vision as well. I'm in two minds as to my opinion of the company. Just like one of the previous posters, the money was taken from my credit card immediately but I got no confirmation email. I wrote to them a few days following the order to find out what the deal was. I think they have pre-written generic replies that they send out when this happens. Basically they said your order's gone through and we'll let you know when we ship the stuff.

It was a week before I wrote back, having not heard anything, and they replied after several days saying there was a delay with the suppliers. But that was it: no ETA or more detailed explanation.

A week later and I got an email saying they had shipped my order, but to be honest I was surprised when it arrived. If this had happened with Play.com or someone similar I wouldn't have been so bothered. But with a company that you don't know, that don't have a contact number, and don't sign names to their customer service replies, I was worried for a while.

Still I did receive what I paid for (at a brilliant price), so I guess they did their job. Just not as well as I would have liked

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

In the same story now lads, order logitech webcam there on 10/1/07, got an email to say dispatched on 12/01/07.
    Emailed them last week, told it would be delivered tomorrw (last Thursday) no sign.
    Emailed them last nite "I rang TNT Dublin and they have it, consignment number *******,"
    Rang TNT don;t have it.

Waiting for final response now, not putting up with all these lies.
    Pity as they were cheap. But gets what you pay for!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I thought they were good. They made a bit of a mess letting me know about the order but it was shipped last week and arrived yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mamablue

I ordered the Onkyo CD receiver and while the order was delayed I am very very happy with my purchase. The customer service was ok, they informed that it would be delayed but it was over christmas and new year so no many working days I suppose. Ibood are a Dutch crowd by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

That's some dodgy shiat.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

mamablue wrote: »
    I ordered the Onkyo CD receiver and while the order was delayed I am very very happy with my purchase. The customer service was ok, they informed that it would be delayed but it was over christmas and new year so no many working days I suppose. Ibood are a Dutch crowd by the way.

Way to dig up the past....this thread started 3 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thereseb81

Hi,

Both myself and my boyfriend have ordered items from ibood.com (very large items to very small) over the last 2 years. We have always received our orders very fast and always by courier. We've never had any problem with their customer service either.....they always seem to email me back fairly quick. Don't want people to be completely put off buying from them, they have some fantastic deals sometimes.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ordered LCD, got it within a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thereseb81

Jeez relax, sorry i bothered!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

nail on the head there from eden, it's an outdated thread and doesn't really apply anymore, i've made 5-6 orders from ibood over the last year myself and never had a problem apart from slightly slow delivery. however, it's common knowledge that they aren't always the fastest. the original stories sound more like a problem with people not investigating the merchant before using the service, which i feel anyone should do before handing out credit card details!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've bought six different items off ibood and never had a problem. From the amount of complaints you read about I think I'm in the minority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

same here, have ordered lots from them, probably 10 times. Once the order was delayed but they emailed me with a timeframe and I got the order then. Great site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement