Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Read this before you buy from IBOOD.com

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I ordered speakers and an amp off them. They took 3 weeks to deliver which is a bit slow but im really happy with the speakers so i'd still recommend them.

The thing that annoys me about IBOOD is their fake posts in their fourms. Its so obvious cos the comments are always 1 liners like "Me need this product very badly!! massive thank you IBOOD"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've bought six different items off ibood and never had a problem. From the amount of complaints you read about I think I'm in the minority.
    same here, have ordered lots from them, probably 10 times. Once the order was delayed but they emailed me with a timeframe and I got the order then. Great site.

Similar experience here with over a dozen orders. I cancelled one myself
    and IBOOD mailed me to inform me they were cancelling another due to
    stock problems at their end - refunds to card were prompt.

I'll use them again and have no qualms in recommending them to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Dearg81 wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me about IBOOD is their fake posts in their fourms. Its so obvious cos the comments are always 1 liners like "Me need this product very badly!! massive thank you IBOOD"

They actually stopped that. One day they accidentally posted all the fake comments in blue, and actual comments were being posted in black. Someone asked what was up with the blue comments, few minutes later they were all in black, and I believe no fake comments since :)

Anyway, back on topic. Order about 6 things from ibood, all delivered within 2 weeks. I think its just that 2 weeks feels like a long time when you waiting for a new gadget to arrive. Been a while since i placed an order tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thereseb81 wrote: »
    Jeez relax, sorry i bothered!!

what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭rtron

Has anyone here bought things from this website ?
    if yes please let me know did you experienced the same ...
    i find that very strange that they dont even have a phone number :eek:
    >

I didn't read all the thread so may know already this, but they do have a phone number see link or contact details below.
    I had the same issue as you with a Media player (First thing I ever bought from them) and they eventually delivered it after I had rung them -

But they said if I didn't recieve it they would refund the money.

Anything I buy from them now does get delivered but it takes about 10 days not 5.

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/faq_ibood.php

Our contact information:
    iBOOD.com
    Contactweg 159-2
    1014 BJ Amsterdam
    E-mail: customerservice@ibood.com
    Phone: +31 (0) 20 68 11 388

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Rosed, check the original post date. Its from 2006.

I've ordered a good few times from Ibood now with no problems.

Pity this thread was pulled up by Mamablue, as it seems to be causing a bit of confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mamablue

Apologies to all! I didnt realise the thread was so old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Yes.

But it brings up the point that they take the money from your account when they clearly dont have stock.

Most decent companies just get authorization and deduct the money just before shipping.

Even if they pay you back the money, I think it is unacceptable. Do they give you back the interest (if any)? no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thereseb81

I said I was sorry I bothered cause some smart alec thought it'd be clever to reply to my post by getting on my case about how old the thread was etc! In my opinion it's still valid if Ibood is still trading. He decided to delete his post then, making me look like a right eejit....ah well, I'll keep using Ibood but think this'll be my last post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

mamablue wrote: »
    I ordered the Onkyo CD receiver and while the order was delayed I am very very happy with my purchase. The customer service was ok, they informed that it would be delayed but it was over christmas and new year so no many working days I suppose. Ibood are a Dutch crowd by the way.
    Way to dig up the past....this thread started 3 years ago
    Ok so Eden says mamablue is really digging up the past. Fair enough, consumer issues is the right place for this anyways.
    Hi,

Both myself and my boyfriend have ordered items from ibood.com (very large items to very small) over the last 2 years. We have always received our orders very fast and always by courier. We've never had any problem with their customer service either.....they always seem to email me back fairly quick. Don't want people to be completely put off buying from them, they have some fantastic deals sometimes.
    Thanks
    Thereseb81 seems to promote Ibood; again nothing strange here.
    Jeez relax, sorry i bothered!!
    Thereseb81 reply immediately making no sense in the process. Good woman!
    Apologies to all! I didnt realise the thread was so old!
    Mamablue apologies, fair enough.
    I said I was sorry I bothered cause some smart alec thought it'd be clever to reply to my post by getting on my case about how old the thread was etc! In my opinion it's still valid if Ibood is still trading. He decided to delete his post then, making me look like a right eejit....ah well, I'll keep using Ibood but think this'll be my last post.
    Thereseb81/mamablue look to be the same person.... or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

Ooooh! This thread is becoming like a whodunnit.

I think the resurrection of this thread was all a marketing ruse by iBood to point out that they've gotten a lot better with shipping times recently and now have contact information on their website. Buy from iBood - they're Dutch, so it's cool!*

*This post paid for by the iBood marketing association

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mamablue

Ok so Eden says mamablue is really digging up the past. Fair enough, consumer issues is the right place for this anyways.

Thereseb81 seems to promote Ibood; again nothing strange here.

Thereseb81 reply immediately making no sense in the process. Good woman!

Mamablue apologies, fair enough.

Yes, it's a conspiracy! Be careful, we're after you! :D

Or maybe I'm just a single mum in Dublin who should have paid more attention to the date of the thread she replied to earlier.
    Maybe now it's time to lay it down to rest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I think it's just you. FWIW I'm satisfied that they're different people. User paranoia (oops, I meant "interested people who care about boards.ie and their fellow users") can be useful for sifting out shills but it's probably better in reported posts, that way you don't annoy the innocents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

What is an iBOOD? Is it like an iPOD :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thereseb81

Yep.....definitely just you. Don't know why you're so annoyed that one or 2 people replied to an old thread! Life is too short. I agree with mamablue, time to give it a rest (note we are not the same person).
    Yes, it's a conspiracy! Be careful, we're after you! :D

Or maybe I'm just a single mum in Dublin who should have paid more attention to the date of the thread she replied to earlier.
    Maybe now it's time to lay it down to rest?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yep.....definitely just you. Don't know why you're so annoyed that one or 2 people replied to an old thread! Life is too short. I agree with mamablue, time to give it a rest (note we are not the same person).
    By agree do you mean that you too are a single mum in Dublin etc etc.
    :D

Thats the last Ill say of it, and hopefully this thread will get washed away through the pages in a day or too, back where it belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

I ordered a camera on iBood before Christmas and it got sent to Dublin, Finland (WTF!)

After many many emails to their so-called customer support, I've heard nothing back. And their UK phone number is no longer in service.

Does anyone know of a way to get their bloody attention? Makes me so angry, I've paid for the camera already - nearly 2 months late with the shipping, and they send it to the wrong country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ya sadly enough i heard about Ibood and there very poor delivery, I have heard from plenty of people that u order from them and then u can expect your goods sometime in the next month or 2. Also they don't really have any good offers anymore. I'd stay well clear of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iBOOD

Dear iBOOD’ians,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Some comments show that iBood has not been able to help some customers to their satisfaction. We regret that this has occurred. We do as best as possible to give a great service to our customers.

iBood has invested heavily in its service and fulfilments to create the best customer experience possible.

If, unfortunately, things are still not being handled satisfactorily, do not hesitate to contact iBOOD.com through this contact form:
    http://www.ibood.com/uk/en/send_question.php

N.Smith
    Web Relations iBOOD.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

iBOOD wrote: »
    Dear iBOOD’ians,

Some comments show that iBood has not been able to help some customers to their satisfaction. We regret that this has occurred. We do as best as possible to give a great service to our customers.

iBood has invested heavily in its service and fulfilments to create the best customer experience possible.

If, unfortunately, things are still not being handled satisfactorily, do not hesitate to contact iBOOD.com through this contact form:

N.Smith
    Web Relations iBOOD.com
    It nice to see a bit of interaction and feedback here from someone - if indeed you are who you say you are.

If you haven't already done so it would be a good idea to contact one of the mods of this category who you will see listed at the bottom of the front page here just to ensure that they are happy enough with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 BernardMc

Good to see that iBood are taking an active interest - if it is legit - I have an outstanding problem with an order of mine from last Christmas.. The problem being that I €100 paid for a digital camera and then never received it!!

Hopefully that link will be of some use Nick, because all attempts to contact your offices (in London & Belgium) by phone or email have not been responded to thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Too little to late in my opinion. I abandoned the idea of trying to get money back, the amount of time and effort to try get it back made it impossible. Fine when things go right, but when a problem arises ibood are just not up to it. Lost a lot of customers this way i imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭joanas

with all due respect to the person from ibood who posted a response to the complaints regarding the customer support, I am one of the customers who has had a problem with ibood and contacted their support via the link on the website and not recieved a reply. the customer service is non-existent as far as I can see and if they are serious about looking after people the least they can do is start replying to customer complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

BRRRAAIIIIINNNSS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

I've had a problem or two with iBood in the past, so I can definitely sympathise with people with ongoing difficulties.

I don't want to turn this into a consumer issues thread but the fact is that if you have paid for goods and not received them within 30 days from iBood, it is a breach of the Distance Selling Regulations - something that Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands all have in common. The seller may state the courier delivered to the wrong country or whatever - not your problem. The seller is liable to ensure the goods arrive at your doorstep within the allotted period.

In fact, the two main pieces of legislation providing customer rights in situations that could possibly arise when dealing with an online retailer - the Distance Selling Regulations and the eCommerce Regulations - are common to all three countries.

If you are an Irish person complaining about a company based in the EU, contact the ECC in Dublin. They will follow up on your case for you. It's a bit of hassle, but why should a consumer be out of pocket because a company makes a mistake/error/whatever?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

muffler wrote: »
    It nice to see a bit of interaction and feedback here from someone

Completely agree. Pity iBood haven't interacted with anyone here. They just copy and pasted some crap they have probably posted on other threads like this on other sites. If they were really interacting they'd actually take the time to read the thread and follow up on some of the posts here. I can only describe this as a lazy attempt at pretending to care. I've never actually bought anything from iBood so I'm not just saying this because I'm pissed at them about something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've had both very good and also truly awful experiences with iBood. My latest purchase was a 22" widescreen LG monitor. The RRP iBood quoted was a load of bollox- but it was about EUR40 cheaper than I could find it elsewhere. Shipping was prompt- I got it about 4 days later, and I'm very happy with it. On the other hand- I ordered 4*2Gb laptop memory modules from them. Eventually- almost 3 months and numerous e-mails later, they turned up, along with an apology letter.

Their recent offers have not been good value- when compared to what you can find elsewhere- and the RRPs they quote are patently ridiculous- perhaps goods originally retailed at those prices when they were first launched- but its unfair to quote these as current guideprices.

All-in-all- if I saw something and considered it to be good value- and I wasn't in any sort of a hurry whatsoever to get it- I'd buy it from iBood. Any sort of hurry at all- go elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

sounds dodgy.

I would NEVER buy from a website unless it had a landline phone number that is in use, contact address, etc. and I would also see how long they have been in business for,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

iBOOD wrote: »
    Dear iBOOD’ians,

N.Smith
    Web Relations iBOOD.com

I have been waiting for a delivery from iBood since 6th May, not that long I know but longer than I was hoping. However the thing that frustrates me is how difficult iBood is to contact, An e-mail to the above address will in my experience be returned as undeliverable, over to you iBood.

This is the mail system at host zcs1.db.techblue.nl.
    I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
    For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
    If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.
    The mail system
    <postmaster@mailer.ibood.com>: mailer.ibood.com

Until iBood provide a consistant and reliable method to contact them with queries issues etc I would not recommend anyone buy off them. All fine if the item is as you expect and is delivered promptly but if not then you will in my experience have a frustrating time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A 1 post wonder it seems

• Advertisement
Advertisement