Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 8800 Sirocco

• 28-11-2006 4:53pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Black or Silver ???

Anyone got views on this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

Black. Silver just makes you think of the old 8800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i'd love to get one, Are there any cheap ones around? The new gold nokia 8800 sirocco looks look but is well over 1,000 euro.:mad:

also i heard the battery life is crap on the 8800 model phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

drdre wrote:
    also i heard the battery life is crap on the 8800 model phones.

Yep. My mate's had one for about 5 months and he's lucky if he gets a full day out of the battery now with only a few calls and texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

love the old titanium one.. except it was becoming obselete when camera phone and colour screen came about.. Pity

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

lau1247 wrote:
    love the old titanium one.. except it was becoming obselete when camera phone and colour screen came about.. Pity

Titanium phone was 8910/i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭trant

I have had an 8800 Sirocco for the past month or so. Battery is much better than the previous model (three days -vs- one day). Screen is the exact same, the finish of the phone is more of a polished finish than the old 8800's matte finish.

Definitely go with the black, much sleeker, and the silver one has white plastic on the back which looks naff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I've never understood why anyone would buy the 8800. It's a bog standard phone with a fancy case. Why anyone would pay almost €1000 for what's practically a 6230i with a metal case is beyond me..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

trant wrote:
    I have had an 8800 Sirocco for the past month or so. Battery is much better than the previous model (three days -vs- one day). Screen is the exact same, the finish of the phone is more of a polished finish than the old 8800's matte finish.

Definitely go with the black, much sleeker, and the silver one has white plastic on the back which looks naff.

Just noticed that white plastic piece .Kind of detracts from the look of the phone ..

http://www.mobile-review.com/uploads/100020757_4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

sharkman wrote:
    Titanium phone was 8910/i

I know.. just saying that the phone is good that's all..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

trant wrote:

May i ask what you paid for your one. Does anyone know if theres any cheap ones going around.Everywhere i look its over 800 euro.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Was thinkin of gettin this, €599 with o2 and €90 credit, if Vodafone had it cheaper Id nearly move for it, its savage looking and better battery than the old 8800

Was thinkin of gettin this, €599 with o2 and €90 credit, if Vodafone had it cheaper Id nearly move for it, its savage looking and better battery than the old 8800

are you sure its the sirocco for 599.i cannot believe that i seen the christmas o2 catologue and it said nokia 8800 for 599.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭trant

drdre wrote:
    are you sure its the sirocco for 599.i cannot believe that i seen the christmas o2 catologue and it said nokia 8800 for 599.

It's not the Sirocco in the O2 catalogue, it's the old 8800 and they are out of stock as far as I know. I got the Sirocco for about €750. Actually thinking of selling it tbh, I have far too many phones.

trant wrote:
    It's not the Sirocco in the O2 catalogue, it's the old 8800 and they are out of stock as far as I know. I got the Sirocco for about €750. Actually thinking of selling it tbh, I have far too many phones.
    im the same as you, got too many phones now just want to sell them to get the 8800 sirocco or something flashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

I really wanted to get this phone but I've heard so many bad reviews of it that the huge price tag really put me off. I think it looks great but it's just a fancy bit of stainless steel if it doesn't handle calls and texts well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Don't get me wrong, I think the 8800 looks pretty nice, but isn't it a tad overpriced? What makes it so expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

is that the phone that has the designer ringtones by Brian Eno..

if so, maybe that's why

The Sirocco is for people like David McWilliams, whereas the Nokia 6230i is for people like Bill O'Herlihy

Advertisement