Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the best way to see what directX I have

• 28-11-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Can it be done through windows or do I need to run a program

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try typing dxdiag.exe in the Run box in Windows, first property sheet should have the version information there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Worked a treat,cheers Ruu;)

Cubix

By any chance Ruu would you know how I could cut and paste this error report generated by xp. The reason I needed to know what directx I had because I was trying to play "pirates of the caribbean" for the pc. The title is about 3yrs old but seems to have been re-released. I am trying to run it on a dell D-1300(6months old), its a basic machine with the onboard graphics but the spec seems to be fine according to the games minium spec required. IT will allow me to install it and boots right up to the "New game" screen, but when you click on new game I get those errors below. I am going to try and get on to Ubisoft support site and would like as much info to give them as possible, so was hoping if it was possible to copy and paste that long tech error report (pic3). Normally I would just do a "Ctrl-Alt-PrintScreen but with this command I would only capture what was in the window and there is quite a bit more when you scroll. I have also tried to search my HDD where its suppose to be "C\DOCS etc etc

Thanks Cubix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think right click-->copy is disabled in the text area of image 3 (Error Report Contents). I'm sure there is a log file located somewhere but I can't seem to find out where. Maybe have a look under Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer and see if you can locate the error. It should let you copy the contents of the log to notepad from there. Apart from that I'm not sure but will keep looking.

Cheers for that, will do;) ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement