Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win XP Pro Standby

• 28-11-2006 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I normally leave my PC on all the time, and do a virus scan at 3am every night.

I now want to have it go into standby to save power etc.

Is there a way to get the pc to wake-up from standby to do a virus scan etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Most virus scanners will wake the machine to run virus scans.

Apart from that, when creating or editing a scheduled tasks, there's a tick box for "Wake the computer to run this task".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

I am running sophos and it doesn't seem to wake up from standby to run a scan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK, then check your Scheduled Tasks (Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks)

If the sophos scan is in there, double-click on it to open it, go to the Settings tab, and click the box I mention above.

If it's not in there, you'll need to find the command to tell sophos to run a full scan, and create a scheduled task as above.

Or sophos itself may have an option to wake the machine to run the scan.

Sophos does not have an option to "wake" the PC. There was also no scheduled task for it.

I have now added a scheduled task and set it to "wake" the PC.

Hopefully that works.

Thanks for the info :)

Yo, it worked.

Sophos did indeed do a scan last night :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement