Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL Formatter/Beautifier

Options
  • 28-11-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for something that will automatically tab (and possibly colour) my terribly formatted sql/php/whatever code into something readable.

Would prefer free, but cheap will also suffice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

www.editplus.com

Best code editor you will find, get SQL Prompt and link it in, will really speed your SQL dev time up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

editplus doesn't seem to auto-tab it for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You'll need to download an autocompletion file from http://www.editplus.com/files.html and then configure Editplus by using Tools -> Preferences to open the preferences dialog. In the tree view Files -> Settings & syntax. Click on the file type in FileTypes list and select your autocompletion file.

Editplus does come with a syntax file for php by default but you'll have to get everything else for php and sql. Or you could write your own :)

Advertisement