Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PA job/ Training

Options
  • 28-11-2006 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I am in an admin role at the moment and getting paid very poorly, have worked for a big computer company for nearly 8 years now and was considering moving out and hopefully upwards!
    So I was thinking PA, like to think I am a very organised person and with some Admin backward thought this might be the career for me.
    Anyway,Any suggestions how I should go about this? Is there any part-time training courses you can go on or should i just try my luck with going straight into the interview process?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated, I have done some internet searching but can't seem to find anything on PA training.
    Thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Pinkgrl wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    I am in an admin role at the moment and getting paid very poorly, have worked for a big computer company for nearly 8 years now and was considering moving out and hopefully upwards!
    So I was thinking PA, like to think I am a very organised person and with some Admin backward thought this might be the career for me.
    Anyway,Any suggestions how I should go about this? Is there any part-time training courses you can go on or should i just try my luck with going straight into the interview process?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated, I have done some internet searching but can't seem to find anything on PA training.
    Thanks a mill

Hi pinkgrl!
    You could try going for interview, if you got the right people to work for, you can be lucky in interview etc.
    I'm working as a PA at the moment. It can be very demanding but can be rewarding too, again working for the right person/company.
    Where abouts are you in Ireland? I could get some info about Dublin but i'm not too sure about the rest of the country..
    Having completed your ECDL can help and if you have had some diary management skills in previous jobs can help too..
    PM me if you are in Dublin anyway!

Advertisement