Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

update on new comic company

Options
  • 28-11-2006 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

ok heres the gist of whats going on.

basically we're starting up a comic company cos we're sick of not getting paid for our work, so the companies gonna put out comics by Irish (and other if they're interested) artists and pay them , not as much as a major company but enough for them to feel that its not a waste of time.

you see Ireland has a fantastic cache of artists that have been trained in by ex disney/ o'sullivan bluth. murikami wolff animators but we're not getting any work as all the Irish comic companies at present are asking artist to work for free which is ridiculous

anyhoo we're paying a rate of 10 euros per page, Issues are divided into 7 page stories so if you complete the story for a week its 70 euro or if its going over a few Issues it'll be more obviously,the art's currently in black and white but when we get enough money to do colour we'll be paying more. likewise the art has to be inked so if you're doing say 7 pages of just pencils it'll be 5 euro per page and if you're just doing inks it'll be 5 euro.but if you can do both its 10.

our plan is to get about 6 months worth of comics together before we start to release them hence the January '08 realease date. the reason for this is we don't want to fall behind,and wind up missing a week, so we'll stay 6 months ahead hopefully,

our plan is to have the stories by february, rough scripts by March and finished scripts by May then the artists will have about 4 months to do everything and then we'll be shipping it off to the printers.

we've already had a few great artists and writers get onto us but we want MORE!!!!

pm me if interested
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Now that's a much more positive ad to get people interested. If I thought I was a reliable writer I might even get in touch but I think I should concentrate on my own stuff and timing. Good luck with it.

Advertisement