Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Months, 2 Exercise Plans.

Options
  • 28-11-2006 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

Anyhew I decided that for once I would put up a training journal rather than just confine it to a portion of my mind.

Over the summer I completed Waterbury's High Frequency System with very very good results. Gained a good couple of pounds of lean muscle but more importantly for myself I gained some raw strength. The twice daily sessions were really tough but fortunately I finished the system just as college started to get hectic. I could obivously just continue with the programme but I think for my body to make further advances I need to shake it up a little.

Last weekend I had a fight in the cruiserweight division (86kg). I weighed in a little light at 83.4kg but that was with body fat percentage of around 10%. My goal obviously is to weigh in just below 86kg for my next big fight and with body fat of around 8%. I don't really agree with the philosophy of cutting massively for a fight and as such I hope that I will never rise above 89kg for the whole term of my training (this includes Christmas week!). Over the past few days I gorged myself basically as a victory eat feast but as of tomorrow I'm once again back on the horse.

The next big fight for me will be a the end of January so that leaves me with 2 months to be in fighting form for it. My approach for achieving this goal is to do one month of increasing strength and to do a slow bulk. I will complete this around Christmas and will hopefully have a weight of 88/89kg with a 10/11% bodyfat. From Christmas then until my fight I will do total body conditioning training. A mix of endurance and power exercises to simulate the strains my body will most likely undergo as well as throwing in some high intensity cardio (30 minute jogs are for chumps).

Having seen good results with previous Waterbury programs I will once again stick with his plans.
    From here until Christmas I will do the Strength Focused Mesocycle
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=485341

Then having completed that I will move on to Triple Total Training
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=476508

Coupled with a high protein and carb diet for the first plan and high protein low carb diet for the TTT I should see myself reaching the goals if my dedication stays.

I will have boxing training three times a week so every week I will have at least one day off and every three weeks I will only go boxing twice a week so as to allow my body get some rest.

Tomorrow starts off with
    A1 - Good Mornings
    A2 - Dips
    B1 - Chin-Ups
    B2 - Front Squats
    Jump Rope - 5 Minutes

I will update this as frequently as my training/college/life scheduale allows. Wish me luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

So I tried it out yesterday and it went pretty damn well.

A1 - Good Mornings 3 x 5 @ 7RM with only 50 kg. I never tried it before but i felt it nicely in my Hams so i assume my form was correct as thats what its trying to get.
    A2 - Dips 3 x 5 @ 7RM with Bodyweight + 5kg
    B1 - Chin-Ups 3 x 5 @ 7RM with Bodyweight + 10kg.
    B2 - Front Squats 3 x 5 @ 7RM with 60 kg.
    Jump Rope - 5 Minutes

The workout loads that I took were pretty light and I could easily add 10 kgs or so to my Good Morning and Front Squats and a couple kg more to the dips and chin ups if i wanted to. I just didn't want to strain myself too much on my first day back.

That night I went for a bit of track training with a 5km track run and 7x100m sprints.

Today I will just do some light plyometric exercises for 10/15 minutes or so just to keep my limber and tomorrow comes another free weights session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Just finished another gym session now.

Standing Barbell Press with 25kg and a hell of a wide grip. Never tried it that wide before but the change was perfect. Felt it nicely all over my upper body. I can see me incorporating this in to my workout.

Boxsquats were a disaster. The gym instructer felt it was in the gyms best interests to basically stop me doing them. Apparently the spine will be compressed when you sit on the box and will do damage to you. Full of ****e i say! With proper form there is no danger at all and if it is an exercise recommended by some of the best strength coaches then its going to be pretty damn good. I abandonded the box squats so as to not have him hassle me further and instead just did squats with an extra wide base and 75kgs. I felt it in the Hamstrings so I suppose it worked out pretty close to what the box squat would have been doing.

Seated Rows and Leg Curls were the other two exercises left.
    Everything was for 3 sets of 8 at my 10 rep max.

I followed this with 5 minutes of skipping/jumping jacks and then 10 minutes interval running, 45 secs jog, 15 secs sprint.

Now time to eat food and drink milk and get some study done, wooo what a life!

Advertisement