Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 25's bars in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-11-2006 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I'm talking the 25-30 age group....where's the best places to go? Sick of all these tenny bopper pubs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Id to attend Pal Joeys for a birthday, they gave me a rake of hassle me being 20 said it was 25s and over. Got in in the end thanks to the older crowd I was meeting, but thatd be your bet

Didnt particularly like it, it had a small dancefloor Im more of a club man myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Movershaker

Depends on what you like. Places like the Bailey and anywhere around Grafton St/Dawson St. are usually full of over 25s, but a lot of people hate the bars on Dawson St. because they consider them overpriced, pretentious or whatever. Also George's St/Wexford St has a few good ones. Just stay away from Temple bar and the O'Connell bridge area and you should be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I'm talking the 25-30 age group....where's the best places to go? Sick of all these tenny bopper pubs.

Im 26, and i hate going to a place where the crowd is young. I have found that the porter house in temple bar and fitzsimons has an older crowd and a good buzz to it. Always a good night had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I'm 29, and like bars such as -

Grand Central, O'Connell Street.
    The Stag's Head
    Banker's, Dame Lane.
    Rogue, Dame Street.
    Thomas Reades, Dame Street.
    Slattery's, Capel Street.

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The Odeon has an older crowd. I think it's over 23's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

viperoom, last time i was there there was an older crowd alright. That or else cafe en seine or ron blacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I agree with Dawson's Street...bit older...but yeah can be a bit pretentious/overpriced....but if you want a slightly older crowd the bars on that street are your best bet. Samsara is a personal favourite.

Shane86, where is Pal Joeys? Never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Generally, the more expensive a place is, the less students and younger people you'll get in it. As people have said - Viper Room, Cafe en Seine, Ron Blacks, Samsara, Pal Joeys.
    To a lesser extent - The Porter House, The Stag's Head, O'Neills of Suffolk St., The Bailey, The Market Bar.

Pal Joey's is on Temple Bar, across the road from Eamonn Doran's. Unless you know it's there, you'll easily walk past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

Pal joeys is on Crown Alley opposite Eamon Dorans. Nice spot, the crowd is a mix of older folks, only thing is you try get in after say 9pm and you arent wearing the right shoes (lads) you may not get in

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

DaveMcG wrote:
    The Odeon has an older crowd. I think it's over 23's.

when they so choose, its not THAT old there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Solas on Georges Street tends to be 23 plus as is Anseo across the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Flannerys aint bad for an older crowd apparently, I know a crowd around that age bracket who head there every now and again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

what were the pubs you going to

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

sunnyjim wrote:
    Flannerys aint bad for an older crowd apparently, I know a crowd around that age bracket who head there every now and again!

Only people from outside Dublin are allowed in

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

sunnyjim wrote:
    Flannerys is a cattle market. If you're female and liked being groped and mauled by drunken culchies, Flannerys is the place for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

what were the pubs you going to

Dakota, Q Bar, Redz....

Thanks for the info everyone! :D

Q Bar, Redz....

That explains your first post.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

That explains your first post.. ;)

He he yeah....my work friends are a few years younger than me so it's high time I started hanging out with people my own age.

If I never see Q Bar again I'll die happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

If I never see Q Bar again I'll die happy!

know that feeling, far to many a night spent in that place :o :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Dakota, Q Bar, Redz....

Thanks for the info everyone! :D

Dakota isn't that young. I'd say there's a good enough age mixture there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

The bank on Dame st. usually boasts an older crowd. Get there early tho or there will be no seats.

layke wrote:
    The bank on Dame st. usually boasts an older crowd. Get there early tho or there will be no seats.

That's a nice bar alright, though can get a bit crowded. Another pub along the same lines is The Church, at the bottom of Henry Street. Newly renovated church with restaurant and bar. Quite big, but downstairs is a little more intimate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

I was out in Temple Bar last weekend and was walking imto a bar and the bouncer refused me entry. I asked why? and he just said no reason.

dont go out in dublin often but is this usual??? I'm 23, had id with me but he didnt even ask for it, just said no reason???

It seems lousy to me, like I hadnt even been drinking as this was the first place me & my friend were going to.

Are bouncers actually allowed to refuse you entry without giving you a valid reason???

Advertisement