Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is more attractive in a woman

• 28-11-2006 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

personally its personality, especially ladettes. i like a woman who can hold her beer and doesnt get offended by stuff like farting etc..

so what do the lads think

what do you find most attractive in a woman 66 votes

a nice pair of 'personalities'
    0%
    a nice ass
    43%
    StephenGibletLafortezzamuffler[Deleted User]L5Time MagazinesenordingdongCiaran500dr_gonza_attorneybrianthebardmicksTar.AldarionmelekalikimakaekevosuMooseJamGLaDOSAgamemnonracso1975Savman 29 votes
    personality
    56%
    SimonMaherRabiesnetwhizkidFighting IrishDon1Captain TripsSleepyWizZardCalidenHippo_blank_Stephen PbeansDoctorEdgeWildtribulusPeteeeCormicThe BolloxAuversWibbs 37 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

personality
    Ass. In relation to attraction anyway. That's all well and good for the initial interest but the the personality wieghs in afterwards and takes over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

personality
    I like 'petite' girls, and don't like butch girls.

This makes me think I'm on the road to paedophaelia.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

First guy to say this poll is stupid gets a pink slip :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

I always say , looks get you there, personality keeps you there. its a mixture of goodlooking qualities, from little things, to well big things :) and if she's nice to talk to as in funny/smart/talkative (hate women who dont talk !,) etc.The women could be absolutely cracking but if shes the most annyoning thing since pat kenny then im not gonna stick around for very long. Also if she looks like pat kenny goodluck ! :D .

I dont know how other people feel, but if i dont see an intinal attraction in women then i rarely get one after talking to them, they become friends or well wishers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

a nice ass
    huge tits :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

a nice ass
    I voted for pair of personalities. Schizophrenia FTW \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

a nice ass
    I always say , looks get you there, personality keeps you there. its a mixture of goodlooking qualities, from little things, to well big things and if she's nice to talk to as in funny/smart/talkative (hate women who dont talk !,) etc.The women could be absolutely cracking but if shes the most annyoning thing since pat kenny then im not gonna stick around for very long. Also if she looks like pat kenny goodluck ! .

I dont know how other people feel, but if i dont see an intinal attraction in women then i rarely get one after talking to them, they become friends or well wishers

Dude that is the most bizarre argument i have ever read!!!!!!!!!!

Ah feck it i had a big moralistic speech prepared but i'm only lyin to myself i'd get up on a crack in the wall and no point lyin bout it!!!! She could have tit's to her knees an arse to her ankles and a personality of my mad granma and i'd throw it on in there

Now lets not even ask how far we'd go with drink on us!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I voted “personality” but of course I mean 'with personality and half decent looking'. As for the poll, it’s not like there’s only one definition of ‘nice ass’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I think it's interesting that the women's equivalent to this thread doesn't feature one word about looks, yet this one is obsessed with body parts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

do you also think it's interesting that men piss standing up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I think it is interesting that when woman talk to each other about men the initial topic isn’t personality... I also think it is interesting that men piss standing up.

It’s not that we’re not lazy, we’re really more concerned with saving time (so we can get back to drinking). That’s evolution for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think you're weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Exit wrote:
    I think it's interesting that the women's equivalent to this thread doesn't feature one word about looks, yet this one is obsessed with body parts.

because thats what most blokes look for. the womens thread is asking about material interests, this is asking about actual physical preferences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

a nice ass
    "Sports" is a material interest???

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Why isn't this poll multiple choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We'd click them all:D Seriously, tho, some lads will go for the ass, even if she a nagging wh0re, as they look well attached to them. Me, I'd go for something nice, but I'd run a mile if there wasn't something between the two ears, as conversation takes two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

personality

Exactly. I was torn between the 'pair' option and the 'ass' option. I went for 'ass' as it suits my mood today.................it could be 'pair' tomorrow. I'd worry about the personality the morning after................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

racso1975 wrote:
    Dude that is the most bizarre argument i have ever read!!!!!!!!!!

Ah feck it i had a big moralistic speech prepared but i'm only lyin to myself i'd get up on a crack in the wall and no point lyin bout it!!!! She could have tit's to her knees an arse to her ankles and a personality of my mad granma and i'd throw it on in there

Now lets not even ask how far we'd go with drink on us!!!

Thats you man, and yes of course you standards go down with drink all of are standardsgo down with drink, but thats for one night, and we all know how are own perceptions can change when sober :) . I know were talking about attractiveness in a women, if there talkin initial attraction im an ass man all the way. but that only gets them so far :) . Standards are Standards and we all have are own for better or worse, mine are a mixture of good/bad, phyiscal/personailty. must go back studying now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

a nice ass
    t&a all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

personality goes a long way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

a nice ass
    attractive is more a physical word so i went with t1tt1es

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Sports" is a material interest???
    Hey, Jack! What are we doing on this "lads" thread? Target rich environment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

puh ur son al eh teh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'd rather a good looking/pretty girl with a great personality than a stunning one with the personality of a brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

How come the poll only included tits and ass? What about legs?

As for the question, it depends what you're after. If it's just a one-night stand/quickie you're looking for then I suppose the personality isn't hugely important for alot of people (though for me a girl with no personality or one I don't like is a big turn off even if she was very good looking).

Personality is key. If she happens to be a babe aswell then that's a nice bonus :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

a nice ass
    Hey, Jack! What are we doing on this "lads" thread? Target rich environment?

Err...whadda ya mean?? I'm a bloke. Jack's a bloke's name ffs! *puts on blokey voice* Farting, beer, sport, boobs...burp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

aidan24326 wrote:
    How come the poll only included tits and ass? What about legs?
    Yup, I'm a leg man meself... err...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

t&a sag over time

Personality doesnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

A girl you can chat to goes miles. Physical attraction goes far but personality is key

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

As Mr.T would say, personali-T! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

While you're all talking to the ones with the nice personality, me & the real men around here will be banging the ones with the nice t1ts, as$, legs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

personality
    I'm on boards too long.

Instantly assumed that the first two were the only real options and that this was just a rehash of the old "ass or tits man" question thinking the third was some kind of Atari Jaguar. :o

And why can't I have all three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

A little from column A and a little from column B :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Big breasts and the actual knowledge of what an Atari Jaguar is. What more could a man ask for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

lol.
    Few blokes get that lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

a nice ass
    Looks for sex, oh Avril, personality and looks for sex&relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Personality ftw!

I follow the old adage*:

No matter how good looking she is and how much you want her, somebody, somewhere has her and is sick of putting up with her sh*t :D
    *I don't actually follow this adage, beauty and good personalities are available if you look hard enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

"Err personality ?! Who cares ? Toit arse and DD's all the way 'roysh' "

: : Hi fives all to all the lads (sorry, studs) : :

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

a nice ass
    as the bloodhound gangs immortal lyrics go

'The only thing I want in a girl...is me" :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

:D:D:D

Theyre such legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

personality

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

a nice ass
    Went for breasts in the poll but in all seriousness if a girl isn't intelligent then she isn't interesting to me. Breasts are great for a while but the sex has to be really good to make up for being thick!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I'm a leg man myself. You cant beat a good lookin woman with a good pair of shiny tanned smooth legs in a pair of high heels. Prefferably white high heels at that:D Dont give a sh1t if she's a bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

personality
    Can I vote for a girl with a nice personality and a nice ass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

pfft you didn't add legs, what about the people that likes legs? :(

Advertisement