Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery life on Nokia 6230i & 6233

• 28-11-2006 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

My 6230i has been very good for me, with one exception, battery life. I get about 2 days. Is this what other are getting? Is this considered good? My last phone, Siemens S55, would do around 5 days. Have learned to live with it, but when I saw a review today that said these phones had great battery life, started to wonder if something was wrong with my phone/battery.

Am thinking of changing to 6233 and was wondering what I can expect. Will be turning of 3G as on Meteor.

Also I presume 6233 has direct access to memory card over USB, like 6230i. I always like this, not having to instal software on a PC in order to access files.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

my 6230i lasts me over 3 days with ALOT of usage. do you use it alot.Also how often do you charge it as if its consistanly charged it wrecks the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I also get 2 days use from my 6230i's battery. No more no less since the day I bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ciarsd wrote:
    I also get 2 days use from my 6230i's battery. No more no less since the day I bought it.

i charged mine a full day ago. and its full now this indicates its going to give me min 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Interesting, drdre:"my 6230i lasts me over 3 days with ALOT of usage" I should have put my OS3.03, Manufacture:July05 maybe the battery life increased with software revisions. Always been strict about not charging untill phone was on its last bar. The Siemens S55 had huge faults, it picked up wind noise in a breeze, keypad was buggy, but a 5 day battery got me expecting that from my next phone. 6230i has very bright display that can't be dimmed. On the S55 it was possible to dim it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Mine:

2 days on my 6230i
    7 days + on moto V3 (moto getting used more too)
    5~ days on blackberry.

• Advertisement

Because of microphone failure on my battery hungry 6230i,had it in the service centre of xmas. Got software update to 3.88 and it does seem less battery hungry. My usage has changed, so this is just impression, can't really back it up with hard facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

general opinion is that the newer fw's give better battery life.

i have been using 2 (one for me, one for the g/f) for the last year and mine lasts 2 days with light use and hers 3 which a newer firmware and about50% more usage, inc. mp3's and radio for about an hour a day.

there's a crowd (or probably more) doing a 'high capacity' battery on but they're a shower of robbing so and so's. 50% higher nimh raiting and after 5 charges it was dying within 24 hours, including going from full bars to dead with no warning beeps. steer clear anyway.

i've seen that the BL-6C battery fits the 6230i with the cover slightly bulged out, but it does fit. not sure how much more power is in one tho.

i'm now using the g/f's 6230i as i got her an N80 for xmas and that has wifi on it, and with the default settings and the latest firmware it was lasting less than 24 hours. i've disabled 3g, bluetooth and wifi (well, changed from 100mw tx to 4mw, which looks like all you can do) and it's doing much better now, but it wasn't easy to do. there really ought to be an easy way.

other forums suggest 4-5 days with the settings i have now, which is good.

vibe666 wrote:
    i've seen that the BL-6C battery fits the 6230i with the cover slightly bulged out, but it does fit. not sure how much more power is in one tho.
    Been looking at upgrading and reading review of Nokia E70 which has blc6 reviewer mention that blc5 fits, I think blc6 has 1100mAH.

Just Googled
    Amazon.com: Nokia BL-6C Li-Ion Battery (1070 mAh) for Nokia 6255i, 6019i, 6016i, 6015i: Cell Phones & Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

My 6230i lasts 3-4 days with fairly light use. I make a point of always having a spare fully charged battery with me that's in my spare Nokia 1101 as I tend to run it down until there's just 1 bar in the battery indicator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the bl-6c is just a tiny bit thicker than the bl-5c so the back cover bulges out a bit, but it does fit.

don't be tempted by ebay tho, i'd be surprised if any of the batteries there are genuine these days.

i was looking at a desktop charger for the g/f's N80 on ebay and all the HK suppliers were offering them for a couple of euro with a 'free' second battery. total cost was under 10€ inc. delivery, so I can only imagine how bad they are compared to a genuine nokia battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement