Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - Rent A Wreck EP

Options
  • 28-11-2006 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Firstly, thanks for the airplay Phantom! It's been picked up by Steve Lamacq as well.....great minds and all that.

If there is anyone out there who has yet to experience the wonder that is Suburban Kids With Biblical Names, this EP brings together 4 tracks from their acclaimed #1 & #2 EPs for all discerning music lovers in the UK & Ireland.

Here's how the good people of Norman Records have described the EP:

"Swedish plonk-fuzz pop from SUBURBAN KIDS WITH BIBLICAL NAMES. This is total fun. It's proper lo-fi joyous indie pop from the soul with a real dash of heart warming humour. 'Rent a Wreck' is like Moldy Peaches crossed with the Radio Dept to give ya'all an incredibly loose frame of reference. It also sounds like it's been on the lash with Anthony for two days. There's that charming off key tremor in the vocals. 'Love Will' is a kinda shuffling Violent Femmes bar-room clapalong that just delights me to the core. 'Do it all don't do it all' has a celebratory mountain gazing crooner thang to accompany it's intimate Smithsian joy (yes, a paradox, i know). They definitely have complete magic on their side this duo. The closer once again makes me think of Orange Juice in places but with flutes. This is what indie is about. Not the haircuts, the "scenesters", the limited edition stencilled 7" with free sticker, the ****ing NME. This is the REAL DEAL. Trust me. If you're not moved by this 4 track EP then you're into the wrong music."

You can buy it through us directly from our site. Road Records* in Dublin also has copies for €5.

Fanks.

*This is the third release from Dublin's yesboyicecream records and you can also check out our other releases in Road.

www.yesboyicecream.com & www.myspace.com/yesboyicecreamrecords

Advertisement