Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you buying your partner this Xmas?

• 28-11-2006 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Havn't started thinking bout it? Well you better!

I'm gonna get her one of those pink iPod nano things and a shiny bracelet of some kind...I think that's pretty good, but we were joking around last night about what we were going to get eachother and she said "I don't mind what you get me, I just want something really thoughtfull"....

Hmmm....still trying to come up with something else more personal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved down 'ere (redirect still in AH). A few people have suggested in other threads gift vouchers for a day in a salon or spa, I know my wifeh would love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,017 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn well I went nuts on her last year and I was warned not too this year. We're saving for some land abroad, so can't go crazy.

She mentioned she wanted a really good leather handbag, in the region of €150 plus. I was also thinking about a voucher for somewhere like Peter Marks as she's always threatening to go to the hairdresser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

I know that it was an early present, but when the tickets came on sale for Bruce Springsteen months ago, we missed out on our chance to get tickets.
    The b/f is a huge fan, so I bought tickets on ebay and took him to it 2 weeks ago. He is still thanking me every day for it, saying it was the best present ever. The tickets weren't that cheap but it was so worth it.
    The concert was amazing by the way!

We had decided not to go mad buying presents for eachother and buy a laptop and TV for both of us in the January sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭deisemum

Not quite sure what to get him yet as I've been busy getting santa presents but I normally top up his main present with some beer and fine wines and sometimes clothes. I'm going to Cork on a shopping trip this weekend so I might see something that would appeal to him.

I've been looking at beer or wine making kits, also massage chair.
    He's a badminton fanatic so maybe a new racket or trainers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

Im at a loss. The guy has everything. I-Pod, decks, DVD's, CD's, flat screen, surround sound, laptop, full set of golf clubs, season tickets

He said not to buy him clothes or shoes as I will probably get it wrong and he likes to try them on. Doesnt wear jewellry at all and doesnt read

Think I'll get him socks. That or a huge box with nothing inside

Any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

a pen, pencil case, eraser, copybook and a diamond ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any suggestions ?

Nintendo Wii or Xbox 360 ? Gym membership? Golfing holiday abroad? packet of Doritos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Any suggestions ?

Well my g/f just told me she's getting me bungee jumping vouchers. I'm delighted to be honest. Its right at the top of my to do list along with skydiving. It may not be to everyones taste but its perfect for me ! If you think he'd be interested in something like that try http://www.topgifts.ie/ you may find some unusual ideas there. Hope this helps.

For her, theres a silversmith near me who makes pieces of unique jewlery so I was thinking of a something along those lines. I have a few other smaller bits and pieces for her too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This will be impossible. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have you no ideas at all, Tar? Surely you must know something, anything that can give us some clue as to what she might like. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Don’t have a partner yet but I would give that special person anything that would make them happy. Indeed I would. Well, as long as it is within reason…

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ruu wrote:
    Have you no ideas at all, Tar? Surely you must know something, anything that can give us some clue as to what she might like. :)
    She likes nothing! Probably will read this post too. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

If she reads the post hopefully there will be a very big hint tonight.

Does she wear make-up? would some very luxurious cosmetics do the trick. How about booking a weekend away for both of you?

I would love some jewellery but I don't think I'll get it. I've a birthday between now and christmas so the poor guy has double trouble.

She doesn't wear jewelry and only wears vegan friendly makeup which she already has. Thinking cap is on. Just got a grant of a grand... :P

Advertisement