Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amy 'Lita' Dumas Appreciation Thread

• 28-11-2006 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

There was one when Trish retired so thought I'd start one, even though Lita may not have the biggest fanbase here, but its better than a thread about a picture of her ass!

Lita was one of the main reasons I started watching wrestling back in 2000 after watching on and off for a few years. She debuted on 13th February 2000 with Essa Rios, became part of team extreme with the Hardy Boys, had her storyline with Dean Malenko and also with Matt...and then her heel turn with Edge. Along the way sustaining injuries (her neck & leg)

I remember the first time seeing Lita and seeing her do ther hurricarana and moonsault, having not seen a female wretler using those moves before...ever. Although she may not have been THE greatest female wrestler, she is one of the ones who improved the womens division and paved the way for others in the WWE.

Although I'm not so happy with the sending off WWE gave her at SS (neither were her fans....or Amy herself for that matter!), but thankfully after the show she did get a good surprise when Adam Copeland (Edge) organised a party for her! (read her blog at http://blog.myspace.com/theluchagors13)

Thanks for the memories Lita and hope she has the best of luck with the Luchagors!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yea, Lita was great! She was my favorite diva for years. I thought what Cryme Tyme did to Lita was very funny and was appropriate for her character. But she definatly revolutionised the womens division and will be greatly missed! I hop e she doesn't go to TNA, cos she'll just end up wasted as they have no womens division!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the segment after the match with Mickie James was ****. i thought that something might have happened later, a proper tv send off but it wasnt to be. typical WWE :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

one of the few divas in wwe history that had wrestling skills to go with the pretty looks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think her injuries badly affected her matches towards the end of her career. Still, she was important in reviving the women's division a few years ago.

I remember being into her matches against Trish as well as one she had with Chyna years ago and I can't say that for many female wrestlers.

I also felt WWE should have given her a better send-off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Without trying to be negative in this thread, something that always bothered me about Lita was her voice. Did else anyone think she had the worst promo voice going? (with exception of Stephanie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I never thought she was that great on the mic, but in the last year and a half I think she was a bit more bearable. I remember a few matches she had that were more enjoyable than the average women's match, but that's really not saying much. I really thought she was an awful awful wrestler. Ugliest moonsault I've ever seen. But I know this is an appreciation thread, so I'll stop my negativity there!

She mentioned in an interview with WWE.com that the main reason she left was because of the abuse she's gotten because of her affair with Edge. I can't really claim to be on her side there, but you'd think WWE would have given her a better send off after how she helped get Edge over as such a good heel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The fact that she's gone is a good thing, if only the other "Divas" would leave too. Lita's matches were painfull to watch, she screwed up at least 5 or 6 spots in an 8 spot match.

Plus she was a TERRIBLE actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

the reason she may have felt unappreciated is i believe down to how wwe handled the hardy break up, she stated that she felt uncomfortable playing the slut in the love triangle and the character that wwe made her play got to her.
    long after Matt and Lita seemed to have settled their differences the crowds were still calling hera slut and the office was still keeping her character that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

she stated that she felt uncomfortable playing the slut in the love triangle

She wasn't really "playing the slut though" was she? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

judge not lest ye be judged, let those among us without sin cast the first stone etc ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

At least she's in the position where she can afford to leave. I wish her all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

I wish her all the best. She was one if not the best female wrestler. She was my favorite diva complete original in style. She did revolutionise the womens division and without her there would be no Trish or Mickie James. I loved when she did her litacanrana look at superstars who took it Edge, Christian, Dudley Boys, Dean Malenko, Eddie, Chris Benoit, i'm sure they are more. The WWE let her down by the way she left she deserved a better retirement send off like Trish. I loved all her matches especially with Team Extreme and when she won the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I've long been a fan of watching real female wrestlers giving it socks in the ring. Give me Molly Holly versus Jazz any day over Torrie Wilson versus Random Wannabe Playboy model. And I think it was seeing Lita going Hardcore in anywhere falls matches, steel cage matches, TLCs, etc that made me realise that these women can really kick it up a notch if they're given the chance and not constantly rolled out for bathing suit contests and the like.

Farewell Amy, my beloved.

Advertisement