Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If it says no entry, it means no entry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

hah. served the cheeky bastards right :)
    See the airbag deployment on the SUV guy?

What city is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

See the window crack from teh guys head in the last clip, OUCH

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nice whack of head on windscreen for the passenger in the last clip too.

It's Manchester: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=411423&in_page_id=1770

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

We need some of those here, purely for entertainment purposes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Loved the last one with the white van man. :D

But how stupid can you get?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

**** thats some of the funniest and scariest viewing i've ever seen lol. On looking at it again i only realised the guy in the jeep bloody ''floored it'' trying to get through.

Now how irrespnsible is that...with his kids in the back and wife etc....
    What about poor tourists in the area (im lol'ing here) in a bloody hertz rent a car....WHAMO :D Now sir new gearbox, engine , rad, bumper,drive shafts, wishbones .....That'll be 7 grand thank you very much!

Seriously tho the council must surely look at this again...Altho maybe the ones in the clip are the few who've tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

this was posted bofore. still... nice to see it again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

KTRIC wrote:
    We need some of those here, purely for entertainment purposes.:D

There is on already installed at the Blanchardstown roundabout on the N3, buses take that route to stop getting stuck in traffic at peak times. Used to have a bus lane but every spa when it got busy just used it so the buses would be stuck in traffic at busy times and wouldnt be able to get into village. Have never seen or heard anyone try this on the one in Blanch.

I am sure if they did there was be pure standstill on the N3 as everyone got out and laughed there heads off but being a pure thick!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Anyone know how these things work. I assume the bus/postvan has some transmitter in it, but its amazing how quick the bollards come back up as it passed. What happens if two buses come through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Drax wrote:
    Anyone know how these things work. I assume the bus/postvan has some transmitter in it, but its amazing how quick the bollards come back up as it passed. What happens if two buses come through?

From what I know, which isnt much on these to be honest, I think there is an infared reader on a bollard at side, they use a transmitter to tell it to open. There is prob some setup to let it know when the bus has passed and to start moving up, if two buses I guess the second one just waits and pressed the button again. Same as reasonable people do as they head into a car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What about poor tourists in the area (im lol'ing here) in a bloody hertz rent a car....WHAMO :D Now sir new gearbox, engine , rad, bumper,drive shafts, wishbones .....That'll be 7 grand thank you very much!

Seriously tho the council must surely look at this again...Altho maybe the ones in the clip are the few who've tried it.

They've no excuse - did you see the huge illuminated NO ENTRY signs at the start of the clip?
    It was particularly satisfying to see that woman who reversed back and waited for a bus to go through before trying to sneak in after it getting caught :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Deserve all they get IMO. No entry is a pretty easy sign to understand. Don't they have these in Galway City?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

They're in temple bar too, think they're down at some times to allow deliveries, up the rest of the time to make it pedestrian area. There is a keypad next to them to allow police/fire/ambulance through if they don't have a transmitter

Advertisement