Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown vs raw 2007

• 28-11-2006 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

anyone have this game,i played and i have seen all the glitches in it like when you hit someone with a chair you hear jim ross saying stone cold stunner.and when you're in top of the ladder the opponent suddenly appears on the ladder without climbing it,when you pick DX lilian garcia only announces HHH's name i think they should re-make this game as it is totally f****d up what do ya guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

havent played it. heard it was way too buggy. sounds like it is from what you have said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

It is a good game I personally didn't notice the glitches it has great graphics like all these wrestling games when they first come out. But it is not up to date JBL still a wrestler, Angle on Smackdown and no Jeff Hardy:mad: . These are only the ones I can remember as I rented it about 2 weeks ago it was very dissapointing that it was not up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Jay-Jay

it has great graphics especially kane and cena there is a big scratch on mine i give 74.99 for it and smyths wouldn't take it back i had the receipt and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'v been playing it on and off since it came out, I havn't noticed any of the glitches people are talking about! As for it being out of date, the roster is usually a few months out of date (has something to do with the wrestlers being programmed around Wrestlemania). Here Comes The Pain, is prob the best Smackdown! game to date, but I thought SVR2007 was a decent game and worth the 70 quid I paid for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've bought every game in the Smackdown series except for this one. I'm still debating whether to get it for Christmas. I'd be interested in hearing more thoughts on this game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think its a good game. except when you are creating an entrance and u press fireworks,smoke etc they don't even work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Reganio 2 wrote:
    It is a good game I personally didn't notice the glitches it has great graphics like all these wrestling games when they first come out. But it is not up to date JBL still a wrestler, Angle on Smackdown and no Jeff Hardy:mad: . These are only the ones I can remember as I rented it about 2 weeks ago it was very dissapointing that it was not up to date.
    Reganio2 video games, like movies take months to create and are not done in a week, the reason for those inclusions would be that they were in those roles when the game was developed and storylines were created nearly a year ago.
    It would require an entire rewrite of characters and story angles to bring it up to date, thereby pushing the relase date back further, by which time something new will have happened and the up to date game is again out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

i'd give it 10/10 especially 4 xbox 360

Reganio2 video games, like movies take months to create and are not done in a week, the reason for those inclusions would be that they were in those roles when the game was developed and storylines were created nearly a year ago.
    It would require an entire rewrite of characters and story angles to bring it up to date, thereby pushing the relase date back further, by which time something new will have happened and the up to date game is again out of date.
    I know but it has been knowen for a good while that Hardy was coming back. I dont mind a few mistakes its just i noticed them a lot more in this game. Its still a good game and I like the way they made Eddie Guerrero a legend instead of deleting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

i'd give it 10/10 especially 4 xbox 360

I'd say 9/10 tbh, its good, but on xbox, you should be able to upload your own music like on some other games and the storylines get really repetitive, really quickly (even though there is meant to be 40 of them)!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I think it's a great game. Glitches aside, it plays great and in fairness the glitches are minor at best imo and mostly audio based mistakes. nothing major. The new move system is waaaaaay better and allows for some cool stuff in matches. for example, yesterday I was Undetaker fighting Mysterio in a TLC match and he went for a diving hurricanrana off the top rope. I reversed, catching him mid-air in a powerbomb postition. I was then in control of the move and was able to walk over to a nearby table and powerbomb him through it. Now that's COOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I've bought every game in the Smackdown series except for this one. I'm still debating whether to get it for Christmas. I'd be interested in hearing more thoughts on this game.
    I've bought all the games as well, and my verdict on this one is that its 'meh'. I was hoping for a much improved GM mode but its almost exactly the same.

Also, without ECW it really does feel out of date.

Table matches and using the environment as a weapon rock, though.

I have it and i like it for the 360. Yes there are lots of glitches but really they are only minor.

By the way if you want a really great wrestling game . Get King of Colosseum 2 for the PS2. When you first play it you might not like it but the more you play it, it just become unbelievable. Everybody who plays it and gives it time , loves it.
    Just the reversals are realy reversals , not like smackdown. The game actually plays like a real wrestling match with highspots and so on . Also there are pre made wrestlers in it as Japan has very loose copyright laws.So Samoa Joe , Angle , Goldberg, LOD , Hogan to name a few. Also you can create over 200 wrestlers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZwAvG5T0g&mode=related&search=

the glitches bother me when i'm playing the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I haven't got this one but from what I hear it's more of the same, I'll probably end up getting it anyways.

I never really noticed the glitches but last night i won the world title with Bret Hart. Tony Chimmell announced ( The Winner and the New World Champion Bret Hart Gregory ! ) ?? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wasn't going to bother with it, I bought every smackdown game in the series, but this looked way to similar to last years. I would say, don't bother! There's f-all new in the game, and what is new is a little crappy really. They have managed to increase loading times and screw up the CAW section. Well done lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a huge slowdown on interest in the Smackdown games? Is it because they're getting worse or what? Gone be the days where I queued for hours to get a non buggy copy of No Mercy on the N64....*nostalgia sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, I was mighty annoyed with my non-saving No Mercy. The N64 was surely the pinnacle of wrestling games.

Just in case you havent seen this not sure when its coming out but looks good hopefully it makes it over here.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=15145&wm=1.

EDIT.. Link isnt working properly but go to page 11 and youll see what i am talking about.

• Advertisement

the TNA game looks good samoa joe is the image of him i wonder if anglewill be in it

Advertisement