Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude reply to Soccer Access Request

Options
  • 28-11-2006 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Dear Boards

I am very annoyed with the rude response I got to my Soccer Access Request. Your guy, PSI, did not need to be so rude in his reply to me. I seemed to have missed the part in the Soccer Charter about having to have greater than 50 posts. His reply was "read the charter and see what you ignored". You can't talk to the people like that. I'm an intelligent adult, he makes me sound like I'm illiterate.
    I hope he enjoys his job, putting other people down, when his actual job role is to stop OTHER people putting each other down in the soccer forum itself, which is more appropriate.
    Believe me, I won't be applying to get into the Soccer Forum again, I'll look elsewhere.
    A very DISSATISFIED customer.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

His reply says on my screen anyway "Read them again - see which part you ignored/missed."

In fairness to your good self, I think you are making a bit too much of this to be very honest.

edit: How are you a customer? This is a privately owned website, not Supervalue or Dunne Stores. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Just My View

I recently applied for access to the Soccer Forum too and was the turned down on the grounds that I wasn't a member for 2 months. Do you know what? The mod was right. I thought I had joined up earlier in the month than I actually had, so I wasn't a member for the requisite 2 months. I PMed the mod concerned and apologised and accepted the mandatory 1 month ban on re-applying. He said NP just re-apply when your 2 months is up and no ban applied. Probably because I was reasonable. Because he was reasonable I will voluntarily wait a month before applying. I will reapply on 12th Dec.

There is a lesson here, read the rules, the mods are on the ball ( bad pun but what the hell). Don't be a whining asshole. Play the whistle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

redsox wrote:
    You can't talk to the people like that.

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Dear Boards

Please direct me to the part of the site where I buy access to the soccer forum and can therefore consider myself a customer.

Chrstxbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

At the very top of the forum there is a post thats says clearly:

Soccer Requests Charter & Mechanism - Read this or you WILL NOT GET ACCESS TO SOCCER

It states, and I quote:
    Users must read the soccer charter - here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2054846039

Once a user has read the soccer charter they can post a request in this forum stating that they have read and will comply to the rules of the soccer forum and would like to join the forum.
    Furthermore I go on to say:
    psi wrote:
    IMPORTANT!

In order to gain access, you must read both the rules above AND the soccer forum charter rules which are linked.

Anyone applying for soccer forum access who does not meet the criteria required will be automatically denied access.

The Soccer Charter States:
    New Users.

New users will have to apply to gain access to the board in a sub forum under the soccer forum. They will have to be members of boards.ie for 2 months.

You will now also require at least 50 posts in addition to being a boards member for 2 months.

Your post was:
    Hi
    Please can I have access to the soccer forum?
    I'm a registered user for more than 2 months, and I have read the Soccer Charter.

Now apart from the fact you missed agreeing to comply with the soccer forum charter haven't been a member for 2 months as I type this AND don't have 50 posts, you also see that I specifically state that you will automatically be denied access if you miss the criteria.

So all you had to do was read the charter and do what it says. But you didn't and posted anyway. So effectively you wasted my time. You wasted the time it took me to open your post, read it, check you were eligible and reply.

My time is precious and today alone I had 9 applicants to soccer, or which 4 managed to apply correctly - so 5 posters wasted my time.

I wasn't rude in that post, I was abrupt but if I'm being rude here, I think I'm entitled to be, seeing as you wasted my time and then had the gall to complain about it.

• Advertisement

Oh and in case anyone wonders - no I didn't miss putting the 50 post rule in the soccer access request charter. I think its a fairly good indicator of whether the applicant actually has read the charter or is just saying so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

redsox wrote:
    I'm so upset to hear that that I have funded your account with double what you pay to use boards.ie out of my own personal finances.

Talliesin wrote:
    I'm so upset to hear that that I have funded your account with double what you pay to use boards.ie out of my own personal finances.

I can't let you do that. I'll take it out of the wages boards pays me to mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Where's my VAT invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I R teh ILITARIT! GIV ME AXES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

amp wrote:
    I R teh ILITARIT! GIV ME AXES!

the voice of reason has spoken

*in the written word*:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

redsox wrote:

LOL! :D

Until you actually pay for the privilege of using this site, you're not a customer redsox, you're a guest

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Some just give him a refund and he can be on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

redsox wrote:
    Dear Boards

I am very annoyed with the rude response I got to my Soccer Access Request. Your guy, PSI, did not need to be so rude in his reply to me. I seemed to have missed the part in the Soccer Charter about having to have greater than 50 posts. His reply was "read the charter and see what you ignored". You can't talk to the people like that. I'm an intelligent adult, he makes me sound like I'm illiterate.
    I hope he enjoys his job, putting other people down, when his actual job role is to stop OTHER people putting each other down in the soccer forum itself, which is more appropriate.
    Believe me, I won't be applying to get into the Soccer Forum again, I'll look elsewhere.

Dear Customer,

ermm..yeah. That's nice. Have 100 Superclub points on us.

Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm a subscriber but I am definately not a customer. My subcription is a donation towards the upkeep of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

6th wrote:
    I'm a subscriber but I am definately not a customer. My subcription is a donation towards the upkeep of the site.

QFT. [Sings]That's just the way it is, some things will never change[/Sings]

In fairness OP, when I read your post I thought that Psi had posted something outrageous, not (as pointed out by Ruu) "Read them again - see which part you ignored/missed".

That seems like a very reasonable request from the forum mod, not rude as such.

Oh, and seeing as how you seem to be a little sensitive, try not to take many of the feedback replies too seriously, honestly, you should read some of the responses I got to the 'Mod awards?' idea :D or worse some of the responses to other 'whiner-style' threads :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Really psi, you need to add a lot more winks, smileys and xXxXx to your posts.

xXx ;):);):) xXx
    ~ C u L T ~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 redsox

Sorry PSI but I'm actually a member since Sep 2005, so that's a Year and 2 months in my opinion, but perhaps you're too stupid to read too! Or maybe the Maths isn't so good.

Secondly, I never realised that users couldn't be classified as customers. If all of us weren't using the website you'd have no job PSI, so in my opinion you're in customer service.

Finally, thanks for all your replies. Some were actually quite funny. It's mad to think that some people have so much time to waste.

redsox wrote:
    Sorry PSI but I'm actually a member since Sep 2005, so that's a Year and 2 months in my opinion, but perhaps you're too stupid to read too! Or maybe the Maths isn't so good.

Secondly, I never realised that users couldn't be classified as customers. If all of us weren't using the website you'd have no job PSI, so in my opinion you're in customer service.

Finally, thanks for all your replies. Some were actually quite funny. It's mad to think that some people have so much time to waste.

LOL :D erm, redsox, I think you are under false impressions here :) Mods are not employed by boards.ie nor are they paid...unless they are Cmods or Admins of course in which case they get paid €75-90k a year, an Audi A4 and two all expenses paid holidays in the boards.ie villa in the Bahamas...* I believe AH mods are a special case (in many ways) and get free pychiatric health care and a one week stay at an Irish country retreat house of their choice.

*may or may not be true

redsox wrote:

But you dont have 50+ posts? And whats with the personal abuse?

And one last thing, being a mod isnt a job. People like Psi do it volunterily (and very well in Psi's case) and put up with illiterate, simpletons, who get angry at the online world because they lead sad little lives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 redsox

so, what exactly are mods? just people who have nothing better to do with their time?
    in this world, there's no such thing as working for free.
    especially in ireland.

Well then you know fúck all about a system you are whinging about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

so, what exactly are mods?
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Moderator Warning: Contains humour, not to be taken too literally. May require some between-the-lines reading.
    there's no such thing as working for free.
    Volunteerism?
    especially in ireland.
    Nope.

I am a moderator for the appreciation from users like yourself.

[WARNING: Your brain requires Sarcasm 1.07 to interpret this post correctly]

Oh redsox, draw a line under this now. :(

Leave it alone, walk away from the keyboard for a while, calm down, read other posts and threads and post some replies :)

You will learn a bit more about boards.ie by reading around other posts and threads etc. :)

Edit: Cult, is Sarcasm 1.07 available for Windows XP? :( I downloaded the intarweb but couldn't find it? ;)

I also wrote the original Moderator definition article, and have added an extra paragraph just for this occasion.

emot-911.gifemot-siren.gifemot-tinfoil.gifrolleyes.gif;):);):)rolleyes.gifemot-tinfoil.gifemot-siren.gifemot-911.gif
    emot-master.gif ~ C u L T ~ emot-master.gif

redsox wrote:
    Sorry PSI but I'm actually a member since Sep 2005, so that's a Year and 2 months in my opinion, but perhaps you're too stupid to read too! Or maybe the Maths isn't so good..

Actually, you're right. My apologies so, its not the first time I didn't read that right.

Now you only failed to comply with 2 criteria for applying - but you still wasted my time and you're still banned from reapplying for 2 months.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

redsox wrote:

psi's maths isn't very good at all, but you still don't have enough posts to qualify. What is your case here exactly?

In my opinion you have a habit of not knowing what the hell is going on.

Ironically, as you were informed, some people have better things to be doing than holding your hand because you didn't follow the charter correctly.

ecksor wrote:
    psi's maths isn't very good at all

*ahem* I'll have you know my math is fairly damn good - I have a mental block in accepting it is 2006 and often think it is 2005 though.

I think it might be to do with not remembering anything about last New Years Eve.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

redsox wrote:
    in this world, there's no such thing as working for free.
    especially in ireland.

You may want to talk to the many people who volunteer for charity organizations around Ireland.

We are not employed by boards, if so there would only be a handful of us, because I don't think boards makes enough money to pay for 400+ employees.

99% of bulletin board sites around the globe operate on the same system of moderators and admins. Nobody is employed on these bulletin board sites, unless they are an employee of the website who offers support for their service via a bulletin board.

Advertisement