Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude reply to Soccer Access Request

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

redsox wrote:
    If all of us weren't using the website you'd have no job PSI, so in my opinion you're in customer service.

Haha, I didn't notice this the first time.

I'm 100% certain that if everyone else using this site died tomorrow, I'd still have a very secure job.

If you all died of some horrible disease, I'd probably get a big raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

psi wrote:

Now you only failed to comply with 2 criteria for applying - but you still wasted my time and you're still banned from reapplying for 2 months.

what's the logic behind this 2 month ban?

what's the logic behind this 2 month ban?

Because about 50% of people applying to soccer, haven't actually bothered to read the big sticky telling them how to apply, never mind the actual soccer charter, which is a pre-requisit for forum access.

This means I get maybe 20 or more posts a week which are just a waste of our time simply because users were to lazy to do a simple thing. So if someone comes in and posts for access without bothering to read the charters they don't get access and I won't even look at their application for 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

redsox wrote:
    so, what exactly are mods? just people who have nothing better to do with their time?
    in this world, there's no such thing as working for free.
    especially in ireland.

If you take the red pill and walk away, we'll all wake up in the morning having forgotten that this thread ever existed.

If you take the blue pill, you acquire a reputation that will stick to you like the carcass of a dead whale for the rest of your - presumably short - stay here at boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I tried applying to the soccer forum once.

Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Why are there prerequisities to joining the soccer forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

To stop spammy idiots from signing up to post nasty comments about soccer teams and clubs and thier supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Because the soccer forum turned into a stupid my-team-is-better-than-you ****storm that made actually talking about soccer and hence access was limited.

This rule is one that constantly confuses or bemuses newer members but makes perfect sense in the minds of those who remember the way it was before.

People like the OP not being able to even manage to try to apply for access without making an ass of himself only goes to show that the rule is probably still having a positive effect.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

thrill wrote:
    Have a look at the "forums forum" thread here (in Feedback) to see a three page reason why there are access requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

r3nu4l wrote:
    LOL :D erm, redsox, I think you are under false impressions here :) Mods are not employed by boards.ie nor are they paid...unless they are Cmods or Admins of course in which case they get paid €75-90k a year, an Audi A4 and two all expenses paid holidays in the boards.ie villa in the Bahamas...* I believe AH mods are a special case (in many ways) and get free pychiatric health care and a one week stay at an Irish country retreat house of their choice.

You forgot to mention the welcome party involving hookers and coke.:D

OP, get over it. The soccer forum is one of the most difficult to mod and the mods already have their hands full without dealing with people pretending they have read the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Talliesin wrote:
    Because the soccer forum turned into a stupid my-team-is-better-than-you ****storm that made actually talking about soccer and hence access was limited.

This rule is one that constantly confuses or bemuses newer members but makes perfect sense in the minds of those who remember the way it was before.

People like the OP not being able to even manage to try to apply for access without making an ass of himself only goes to show that the rule is probably still having a positive effect.

Thanks for the info. Just curious.
    My question was in no way meant as agreeing with the OP who, imo, is lucky to only be getting a two month ban on reapplying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I for one didn't read your question as that.

As I've said, it is a rule that confuses or bemuses newer members, and that's understandable as it doesn't make much sense if you don't know the history, though to those that actually experienced the history it can seem obvious that this is how it should be done.

thrill wrote:

Because you touch yourself at night.
    Cult wrote:
    Have a look at the "forums forum" thread here (in Feedback) to see a three page reason why there are access requests.

Jesus!!! I think I'm going to go make soccer access stricter!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ecksor wont be getting into the soccer forum anytime soon then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

bohsman wrote:
    Ecksor wont be getting into the soccer forum anytime soon then.

What are you doing here? Get back to the poker forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement