Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is going to the Vista Talk next week to get their free copy of vista

• 28-11-2006 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Are people still going ahead next week to the talk in croke park

I think it starts at 5:30

Wonder how boring it will be; still though, it is worth a copy of vista

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

swingking wrote:
    Are people still going ahead next week to the talk in croke park

I think it starts at 5:30

Wonder how boring it will be; still though, it is worth a copy of vista

What day is it on?
    Also are you sure you get a FULL free copy of vista, i wouldn't think thats true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

This was brought up in a previous thread wherby you register to get a ticket to the event in croke park on the 5th of December

old vista talk thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

swingking wrote:
    This was brought up in a previous thread wherby you register to get a ticket to the event in croke park on the 5th of December

old vista talk thread

alright, i cannot go anyway as have exams coming up soon:mad: .
    I would love to go just to get the free cd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You can't just show up. You have to have booked a place a few weeks ago. Its long since full and there's a waiting list for cancellations.

I'll be going to the late session :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Going to the early one.
    Hopefully they'll give out the freebies near the beginning so I don't have to listen to 2 hours of how Vista will save the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

kaizersoze wrote:
    Going to the early one.
    Hopefully they'll give out the freebies near the beginning so I don't have to listen to 2 hours of how Vista will save the world.

Amen to that. I'll be out of there in a shot if they gave them out early. Going to the early session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'm going to the late one.
    Running Vista x64 Ultimate here at the moment and it's quite nice. I didn't bother trying any of the Beta or RC versions.

It makes my PC seem like a dog though :(

Usually at these things the freebies are given out at the end, with free beer generally :)

WizZard wrote:

Usually at these things the freebies are given out at the end, with free beer generally :)

Free beer you say.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

petes wrote:
    Free beer you say.
    and two hours of a Free Speach and Free Software

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Has anyone who was put on the waitlist been taken off it yet and accepted for the event? Im on the waitlist and im hoping they open up more places :( (though I did get to print off the ticket when I was applying for the event).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dave6195 wrote:
    Has anyone who was put on the waitlist been taken off it yet and accepted for the event? Im on the waitlist and im hoping they open up more places :( (though I did get to print off the ticket when I was applying for the event).
    I think the ticket is meaningless. You need the confirmation email to be sure you've been accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Dave6195 wrote:
    Yes, I got an email today moving me from the waitlist to a confirmed registration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

petes wrote:
    Free beer you say.

I believe it's 8 pints of blood per pint of beer:eek:

not withstanding that...I'll be there for the first session.
    I would agree that they will probably not hand out the software til the end or else they would have a pretty empty audience I would say...unless there's definitely free beer at the end, or during!
    One lives in hope...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

double post

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A friend of mine who was luck enough to get a ticket got this in an email

* Getting your free copy of Vista:- All registered launch attendees will receive a full, free license of Vista Home Premium Edition. Unfortunately, physical copies of Home Premium will not be available until the consumer launch in the new year. However, everyone who is registered, attends and submits a feedback form will be mailed their fully licensed copy in the new year as soon as it comes off the production line. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Beeps

Hi All

Free copies of Vista, Free Beer or not, sadly unless you have been sent a ticket for the launch of Vista in Croke Park, you won't be getting in! :(

http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/business/launch2007/default.mspx

Alternatively, if you have some free time on your hands and would like to learn about Oracle, they are kicking off a series the very same day - no beer, but you might get a cuppa tea.;)

More info on http://www.irishdev.com/EventDetails.aspx?id=656

#Elites wrote:
    fúck that then.

Pointless if thats the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Beeps wrote:
    Hi All

Free copies of Vista, Free Beer or not, sadly unless you have been sent a ticket for the launch of Vista in Croke Park, you won't be getting in! :(

http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/business/launch2007/default.mspx

Alternatively, if you have some free time on your hands and would like to learn about Oracle, they are kicking off a series the very same day - no beer, but you might get a cuppa tea.;)

More infor on our site http://www.irishdev.com/EventDetails.aspx?id=656

OK one thing - I heard about this from a colleague who had got an invite, so i registered myself, got to print off my ticket, then received a confirmation mail with a confirmation number in it. It was so easy I told 2 mates, who did the same, got their tickets and both received confirmation mails with their confirmation numbers.

so, now i am thinking this is definitely too good to be true, it cant be that easy to get a valid full copy of vista! I have registered for the day event - now i would not be too perturbed if i got there only to find that there was no free vista, but i would be well annoyed to be told i cannot get in for lack of being properly registered! Does anyone know if i can rest assured my 200 mile round trip will not be wasted, i.e. by having a confirmation number and ticket that i will definitely be allowed in even though i was never really invited ...

Puteq wrote:
    OK one thing - I heard about this from a colleague who had got an invite, so i registered myself, got to print off my ticket, then received a confirmation mail with a confirmation number in it. It was so easy I told 2 mates, who did the same, got their tickets and both received confirmation mails with their confirmation numbers.

so, now i am thinking this is definitely too good to be true, it cant be that easy to get a valid full copy of vista! I have registered for the day event - now i would not be too perturbed if i got there only to find that there was no free vista, but i would be well annoyed to be told i cannot get in for lack of being properly registered! Does anyone know if i can rest assured my 200 mile round trip will not be wasted, i.e. by having a confirmation number and ticket that i will definitely be allowed in even though i was never really invited ...

You should have a registration confirmation email and ticket printed to ensure access. They did have limited numbers which is why people are on waiting lists. Thats why your mates got tickets. First come first served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Whats the story with the tickets, are they just e-mailed to you?

• Advertisement

No you get redirected to a confirmation page with the ticket on it when you apply. You also get confirmation via email. You need both.

Balls, I remember that thing now. I was at college when I did it and wasn't able to print the ticket...

Is there a microsoft page I can log into to see the ticket again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

petes wrote:
    You should have a registration confirmation email and ticket printed to ensure access. They did have limited numbers which is why people are on waiting lists. Thats why your mates got tickets. First come first served.

Meh, OK, I do have a registration confirmation email plus a printed ticket, and so do my mates, so i guess we are good to go. Though I would have expected if there was a waiting list that people on that would have been given first preference over me but I am not complaining I guess, so long as I dont get turned away at the door.

Puteq wrote:
    Meh, OK, I do have a registration confirmation email plus a printed ticket, and so do my mates, so i guess we are good to go. Though I would have expected if there was a waiting list that people on that would have been given first preference over me but I am not complaining I guess, so long as I dont get turned away at the door.

When did you get the invite though? I signed up on the 10th of October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I was on the waitlist but I've been taken off it and and can now go.
    I got a registration number too so you can't just walk in off the street, you need to register

Extra handy for me as I live a 3 minute walk from the staduium.

Here's what my email states:
    We are pleased to inform you that you have been moved off the event
    waitlist for Vista, Office 2007 and Exchange 2007 Tech Community Launch
    (8:00pm). This email is to confirm your registration for this event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

I'm going to the early session :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

Does anybody have any information on when the free Visti :D are being sent out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

Thats sounds a bit touchy. Is it a sore point with some people?

• Advertisement

I'm lazy and I gave you an answer :D

Advertisement