Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MPG for Jeep Cherokee Diesel

Options
  • 29-11-2006 12:15am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What MPG can you expect to get from a Jeep Cherokee 2.5 Diesel?

I know someone who has a 2000 reg one and when talking to them the other day, I asked what they are like on juice and he said he was only getting around 20mpg average from it for everyday use in a mixture of urban and country driving.. either the engine is one thirsty beast or else they have a very heavy right foot.

Anyone any ideas?

Tox

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jeez thats nuts.. a combined mpg of 22mpg :eek: :eek:

I supposed they are like most 4wd vehicles and have the aerodynamics of a wardrobe which doesnt help..

Ahh well, I wouldnt like to see his monthly diesel bill!!!!

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    I supposed they are like most 4wd vehicles and have the aerodynamics of a wardrobe which doesnt help..

Yeah that sums it up nicely :)

A 4 cylinder Jeep Cherokee diesel uses more fuel than an 8 cylinder BMW 7-series petrol

Indeed the problem isn't weight. The Jeep weighs a lot less than the BMW...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why link to a cherokee with a petrol engine and american mpg?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

tuxy wrote:

And a 2wd one at that.

A 2wd off-roader, got to love the Americans. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

According to WhatCar the MPG figures for the 2.5TD are:
    Town mpg 23.3
    Out of Town mpg 35.3
    Average mpg 29.7

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-costs.aspx?RT=499&ED=6426&U=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

should see about thirty alright, my range rover has the same engine in a heavier machine and i see 25 to 27

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

tuxy wrote:

Ah didn't spot that! So the fuel consumption of the diesel isn't actually that bad

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh I suppose 30Mpg isnt too bad.. better get onto my mate and slag him about his heavy right boot so..
    wrote:
    should see about thirty alright, my range rover has the same engine in a heavier machine and i see 25 to 27

Thats not bad from a range rover, now they really are thirsty beasts. I know a guy who has a 92 petrol one, think its a 4ltr but could be wrong, he uses it for towing trailers and gets about 5mpg with a fully laden trailer, bloody madness :D

Tox

Advertisement