Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas shop window displays.. Who's got the best & worse?..

• 29-11-2006 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

So far my vote for the worse goes to Cleary's..

IMO Christmas should be traditional and not a contemporary display like Cleary's has this Christmas.

Haven't decided on a best yet.

***Edit*** probably should have put this in the Dublin city forum, Mods?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

brown thomas isnt too hot either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Brown Thomas' is god awful and has been ever since they switched over from being Switzers. I remember as a kid part of Christmas was going to see Santa and going to see the Switzers window. I can't imagine any child these days getting excited over BT's self pimping. 'Greatest store on earth' I've never bought anything in there and never seen anything I'd want to buy in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Is brown thomas's one the freaky circus one?if it is theni hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

the Shades wrote:
    Brown Thomas' is god awful and has been ever since they switched over from being Switzers. I remember as a kid part of Christmas was going to see Santa and going to see the Switzers window. I can't imagine any child these days getting excited over BT's self pimping. 'Greatest store on earth' I've never bought anything in there and never seen anything I'd want to buy in there.

Well for me being a Northsider it Cleary's was alway a 'must see', but as a teen I have fond memories of Switzers displays when I'd venture that far south!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Yeah BT is pretty bad this year, friend of mine is a manager in one of their shops and she gets complaints about it pretty frequently afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Is brown thomas's one the freaky circus one?if it is theni hate it!

yeah that's it, they're also responsible for the really annoying circus music that's being pumped out into the street all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

i like Arnott's display....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved down to 'ere from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ruu wrote:
    Moved down to 'ere from AH.

'Way ta kill a thread :(

Advertisement