Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hob ignition problem

Options
  • 29-11-2006 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    A week ago, after cleaning, our hob started sparking constantly, turned it off at the mains and left it for a night and it was fine in morning. Then just today while cooking it started again...
    Electrician we had couple months ago, put two extra sockets on the wall and i think (wasnt there when he was connecting it) run the cable from the sockets to connect the hob.

Any ideas, what is causing the problem ?:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭elqu

O dear, i had that problem too but am afraid we never figured it out. Did seem to help to pull up the button that was supposed to act as the ignitor and clean it out a bit. lot of gunk in there. stopped on its own eventually. Took a few wks tho! mine was an old hob, sounds like yours might be new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maly07@poczta.o

Yeah, bought it last year, quite new. Anyway, it was all fine in the morning all stopped when i put the mains back on.
    Still confused though...

Thanks

Advertisement