Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In court for ''Speeding''

• 29-11-2006 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I got a speeding fine for thundering down the N4 at 91kmh in an 80kmh zone. When I went looking for the thing to pay it, I couldn't find it. I assumed I'd be sent a reminder.. like when your tax is late or like when you get a parking ticket.

Nope.

Garda appears at door and hands my shocked wife a summons.

So apparrently I now have to appear in court and there is no way out of it.

What a waste of court time!!! I don't dispute the charge and would have paid the fine if I could. Considering the backlog of cases in the courts, it seems to me that a simple reminder being sent out could free up a lot of court, and Garda time.

Anyway - now that I have to appear in court... how do I handle it? I intend to be super-apologetic. I don't dispute the charge and apologise for wasting court time.

What if the Garda doesn't turn up? Do I get off? If I've admitted to the charge - I suppose it doesn't matter that he hasn't turned up. Can the case go ahead if the Garda doesn't show?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

This is not the legal discussion forum!!!! Read the stickeys then post this there, well im sure a mod will move it.

I always check back here hoping for an update on the boards court case and get annoyed when I find this. I'm a sad little man I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

di11on wrote:
    What a waste of court time!!!

u are dead right. It is a waste of garda,court and ur time all because u couldn't be bothered to put the letter somewhere safe and pay the fine on time!!!!!!

i have no sympathy for u...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement