Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining relevant contact databases.

Options
  • 29-11-2006 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if you could offer advise.
    Our company is putting together some marketing campaigns, and we want to start targetting potential customers for our product range. As we are only a young company, we do not have a large database, and we are interested in trying to obtain relevant information through any legal channel that might be available.

Does anyone know if there are companies out there who can provide databases on particular aspects of Irish Business (for example, IT suppliers, or perhaps Motor Mechanics) for a price?

This is not for random spamming of those business, its for proper business campaigns. We intend to try to use this medium to make these relevant companies aware of our presence in the market. I thought I heard mention of these types of companies before, but Google doesnt seem to bring me any successful results.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

yes there is plenty of companies who do this...

2 I have used in the past is www.kompass.ie which is a general directory of many business in ireland, you can look by industry sector, and get www, phone, names of directors or key management....

also there is a list broker in dublin called Bill Moss Associates, so he can give you specifice lists of companies or managers in them, and they update and clean their lists a few times a year.

so if you wanted Sales Directors/Managers of Printing companies with over 20 staff based in Dublin, he can put this list together for you.

Cannot remember the prices but they were very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Nice one Millionaire, I much appreciate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yes there is plenty of companies who do this...

2 I have used in the past is www.kompass.ie which is a general directory of many business in ireland, you can look by industry sector, and get www, phone, names of directors or key management....

also there is a list broker in dublin called Bill Moss Associates, so he can give you specifice lists of companies or managers in them, and they update and clean their lists a few times a year.

so if you wanted Sales Directors/Managers of Printing companies with over 20 staff based in Dublin, he can put this list together for you.

Cannot remember the prices but they were very reasonable.

Thats a good contact thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Kompass lists are very good imo, bought the cd last year and it was excellent. You can chose only the stuff you need and thats relevant to your business, they customise the data for you then and it saved me hours of pouring through golden pages etc trying to find targets for mailouts etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

pclancy wrote:
    Kompass lists are very good imo, bought the cd last year and it was excellent. You can chose only the stuff you need and thats relevant to your business, they customise the data for you then and it saved me hours of pouring through golden pages etc trying to find targets for mailouts etc....

would you like to send me a copy of the cd.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement