Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the Record

• 29-11-2006 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

led Zeppelin Rock

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I've always thought that Rolf Harris's version of stairway to heaven was the business so much better than the original

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kuzmanovic

indiewindy wrote:
    I've always thought that Rolf Harris's version of stairway to heaven was the business so much better than the original
    o it is superb, i can only dream of wobble board skills like his.

"all together now........And she's buying a stairway to heaven"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

OP, very true. John Bonham RIP....legend drummer! Whats this Rolf Harris version of the song? Never heard it. Immigrant Song ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

led Zeppelin Rock

thank you

I agree. Might aswell have locked the thread and stickied it after this because it's all that needs to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Amen Reverend, amen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Garret wrote:
    meh

Seconded. They bore me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,089 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

4 great albums
    4 mediocre albums
    nicely symmetrical

now squeeze mah lemons baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Xavi6 wrote:
    Seconded. They bore me.

:eek: You shall not speak ill of the zeppelin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Aye, used to be pretty into them, but I feel I must repeat the 'meh'. I'd certainly listen to them now and again, but I feel I'm really more a child of the 90s at this stage, just more happening.

For me:
    90s
    00s/80s
    70s
    60s

But, of the 70s crowd, the Zep are right up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

What in the name of God has Led Zeppelin got to do with Alternative/Indie??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Ah here...bitta irreverence is definitely in order here. They're not that good. I don't care how original they were in their own time, like...they're old hat now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

^ Exactly, you gotta move with the times, man......

Zeppelin rock, but all this bull**** about rock music attaining perfection in the 70s, will never be as original again and that the dinosaur bands, like Zeppelin, should be revered above anything modern as they will never be surpassed in terms of greatness really pisses me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Greatest rock band ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I'll go with the meh option. Great in their time, sure, but for god's sake they've been done to death. Elvis was original in his time, is he still the king of rock? I should surely hope not. It's nice to hold on to nostalgic reverie, but we have to move on some time. Respect them and all, but don't talk about them as though they're still squeezing out number 1s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

superconor wrote:
    Greatest rock band ever.

Can't argue with that.

What I love most is each album is an attempt to do something different, the first album sounds very different to the second, third fourth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Ah here...bitta irreverence is definitely in order here. They're not that good. I don't care how original they were in their own time, like...they're old hat now.
    Oh and the same goes for Black Sabbath.

Advertisement