Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are eircom delaying my bb on purpose?

Options
  • 29-11-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Can anyone help?
    My exchange in Kilcolgan, Co. Galway, went live for broadband in late Sept, when I got this confirmed I ordered my bb via Perlico, got a live date for 6th of Sept, but waited and waited, and not modem arrived, from my investigations, it seems perlico go through a company called strencom who in turn deal with Eircom on their behalf, have been given two live dates since then and again no luck. Others in my area have got bb through eircom, and eircom say my line is showing amber and are 99% sure they can offer me the service, but I don't want to deal with them, apart from the delay I find perlico excellent, and they are doing there best to help me, have rang comreg but they can offer no advice, feel like suing eircom, can anyone offer advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bite the bullet get eircom as much as i hate them they provided me with DSL and nobody in my estate can get it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Bite the bullet get eircom as much as i hate them they provided me with DSL and nobody in my estate can get it :confused:

If Eircom can provide it then BTIreland UTV ect can supply it since they are reselling the eircom product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭denise1970

Update, received a phone call from Perlico today informing me that eircom have told them I can't get bb, funny my bro is law is exactly 2 miles further than me from the exchage and he has just got it...........

Gonna bite the bullet and go back to Eircom, but I swear if they can supply me with bb, I'll let the whole country know what they are doing to perlico, bt etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

He could be next door and your line could fail. Of course, then you could share.

If you have LOS to your Bro point an MMDS dish at each other fitted up to a WiFi Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

denise1970 wrote:
    Update, received a phone call from Perlico today informing me that eircom have told them I can't get bb, funny my bro is law is exactly 2 miles further than me from the exchage and he has just got it...........

Gonna bite the bullet and go back to Eircom, but I swear if they can supply me with bb, I'll let the whole country know what they are doing to perlico, bt etc.

Here's what you do: tell Perlico the above about your bro, implying that you don't believe them, and that after the delays, etc, you want them to get eircom to put it in writing so that you can believe them. Once you get the letter, order BB from eircom...

Then, if eircom do give you BB, you'll have proof of what they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

denise1970 wrote:

Ring Eircom to see if you can get it from them ...... if yes go back to perlico and ask them to get the refusal from Eircom in writing. If Eircom tell you you cant get BB ask them why not....more than likely its a PairGain. Tell them you want that sorted as you want BB. They may hum and haw but insist on pushing it up the line to get it. Then when the line passes order it from whoever you like :)

When you log on using dial-up check the connection speed. If its around 30K then its very likely a pairgain with 1 other person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

If it's that much of a battle to get broadband from eircom, why not just get one of the wireless providers, it's not the greatest, but does the job.

Airwire
    http://www.airwire.ie/

Clarinbridge Broadband
    http://www.clarinbridgebroadband.com/

Advertisement